BLE whitelist with resolvable private address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I want to use a whitelist with resolvable private addresses on my peripheral device.  Is this possible?  The whitelist works when I add a random address to it.  When the peer device changes its random address, it cannot connect anymore.  I tried to add the RPA of the device to the whitelist but it still cannot connect.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Most of the smart phones use RPA(Random Private Address) as their Bluetooth device address. So, adding the smartphone device address in the White list only, will not resolve this issue and you have to use the Resolving List as well. That means, you have to add the central device address in the Resolving list as well as in the White list of your peripheral device.

Please refer the PSoC Creator Code Example 'BLE_4.2_Datalength_Security_Privacy' ( PSoC Creator-> File-> Code Example).

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I mean to use the Public device/Static Random address returned by Cy_BLE_GAP_GetPeerDevSecurityKeyInfo() for the whitelist.

0 Likes
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Most of the smart phones use RPA(Random Private Address) as their Bluetooth device address. So, adding the smartphone device address in the White list only, will not resolve this issue and you have to use the Resolving List as well. That means, you have to add the central device address in the Resolving list as well as in the White list of your peripheral device.

Please refer the PSoC Creator Code Example 'BLE_4.2_Datalength_Security_Privacy' ( PSoC Creator-> File-> Code Example).

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes