What is the expected range for the solar powered BLE beacon in the CYALKIT-E02?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaPa_3540076
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing loss of signal at about 30ft, the spec says should be able to reach 50m(about 150ft), maybe transmitter power settings need to be changed?

Anyone experiment with this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The range depends on conditions like indoor/outdoor, transmit power levels, antenna performance. We can get maximum range in outdoor environment(Line of sight) whereas in indoor this should be lesser. The RSSI can be improved by increasing the TX power level. The TX power level by default is 0 dBm. This we can change to max of 3dBm in the BLE configuration, go to GAP settings and change the TX power level.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Are you using the kit project as it is or did you make any modifications on that?

0 Likes

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm using the kit project as is, no modifications. I checked two ways, one using my Samsung note4 and the other using the BLE-USB bridge dongle that comes with the kit. In the second case I see that the blue LED on the dongle stops blinking as I move the BLE beacon away to about 30ft or so.

0 Likes

Hello,

The range depends on conditions like indoor/outdoor, transmit power levels, antenna performance. We can get maximum range in outdoor environment(Line of sight) whereas in indoor this should be lesser. The RSSI can be improved by increasing the TX power level. The TX power level by default is 0 dBm. This we can change to max of 3dBm in the BLE configuration, go to GAP settings and change the TX power level.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes