A20737AGR module availability

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeGi_2497906
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

We have successfully transitioned from the Anaren A20737GR to a Cypress PSoCBLE module.

We bought several reels of parts from Anaren as safety stock during transition, if anyone needs A20737AGR parts to finish their transition, feel free to contact us, we are willing to help.

Herb Gingold, RV Intelligence

13 Replies
GaDe_1181136
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi Herb,

We have partially transitioned to the CYW20737S module, but we haven't completed the transition for our whole range. Therefore, I would be delighted to take some or all of your unused stock to ensure we don't run into problems. We are UK based, and if you wouldn't mind sending them over here that would be great.

Gary Dearmer, ARCC Innovations Ltd

0 Likes

How many are you looking for?

Herb

Herb Gingold

407-832-0501

herb@rviqproducts.com

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 6:41 AM user_425495961 <

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Herb,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I believe the reels are 500 pieces.

If you are able to split a reel, we’d definitely take 100 pieces. Our products are E-Bikes, so we don’t have huge volume.

Please let me know what you can do.

Regards,

Gary Dearmer

Electronics and Software Engineer

ARCC Innovations Ltd

Pampisford Road

Great Abington

Cambridge

CB21 6AH

Tel: 01223 893290

Web: www.arccinnovations.com

0 Likes

I will ask my operations team if they are willing to break a reel, and how much they want for each unit.

Question for you, the A20373AGR is not CE compliant to my best understanding, are you able to sell product in the EU?  If so how?  I have an EU distributor who wants to sell my products, but the last word I got from Anaren is that they were not going to upgrade the modules certs to meet the 2017/18 specs, please help me understand, I would love to be able to start shipping to the EU?

0 Likes
lock attach

Thanks Herb,

The honest truth is that we would say that we are using the last units of the existing design while we complete our transition to new product, in the extremely unlikely event that we were asked to account for it. The worst that would happen is that we’d have to withdraw the product at that point.

As a direct user, we are not re-selling within the EU, so we don’t need to worry about that aspect. From your point of view, you are not a distributor, and we won’t require you to support the product in any way.

Whether this would work for your EU distributor is another question, and I wouldn’t like to answer it.

Regards,

Gary Dearmer

ARCC Innovations Ltd

Pampisford Road

Great Abington

Cambridge

CB21 6AH

0 Likes

OK, good to know, I am correct in that the module is not valid for new designs in the EU, I was hoping you had discovered an exemption or path, but I see you have the same issue.

Herb

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Herb,

Any news yet?

Regards,

Gary Dearmer

ARCC Innovations Ltd

Pampisford Road

Great Abington

Cambridge

CB21 6AH

0 Likes

Gary,

Good news, when we ran an inventory, our CEM had parts in trays from our first prototype runs, turns out we have 216 units in 6 trays of 36, ESD sealed, we can provide date codes, lot numbers and packaging images for confirmation. 

As we have enough reeled parts to for our last production run, we want to sell all of these trays as a lot.  Sourcing wants to get $15 USD ea, plus shipping, your choice of carrier and speed of delivery.

I also got contacted by a European distributor, who has a bid from your CEM, I insisted that they share the end customer, as I assumed it was you, and it was.  I wanted to ask you if you want me to sell the parts to the disti and CEM, or to you directly, as you contacted us first.  As a fellow small business I understand the impact of both channels.

If you want them, please send me your email, and I will connect you with Vicky who can orchestrate the transaction.  If you want me to go to the CM, they are waiting.  Please let me know ASAP.

Herb Gingold

herb@rviqproducts.com 

Quick update, supply chain just asked me to pull back one package, we need to qual a CM for our last build, so it will be 5 sealed packs of 36, not 6, a total of 180 parts, sorry for the confusion.

Gary, we just received another big order, which has triggered our CONBON build, the ops team wants to pull back on the parts as we are now in backlog, our final Anaren build can fulfill that with a small small safety stock till our Cypress design is final.

Do you guys want parts, I am sad to have to put it to you, but if not we will order the build to include the tray parts to add to our safety stock.

I offered, and I am a man of my word, so I came to you instead of your CEM to start off, and I will not pull back my offer until I have to, Monday afternoon EST is our CONBON meeting and production order planning, so I will need a response by then please.

Herb

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Herb,

We have placed the order with a sub-contractor, so that will now meet our requirement.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Regards,

Gary Dearmer

ARCC Innovations Ltd

Pampisford Road

Great Abington

Cambridge

CB21 6AH

0 Likes

I am not sure what that means?

Do you want me to sell the parts to them?

0 Likes
lock attach

Yes, please sell the parts to them. I won’t be placing a direct order.

Regards,

Gary Dearmer

ARCC Innovations Ltd

Pampisford Road

Great Abington

Cambridge

CB21 6AH

0 Likes