Create CY8CKIT-043 project with CYBLE-022001-00 in it

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSt_1539621
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I have a working project using PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit but I was having difficulty troubleshooting in the field so I thought I would use the CY8CKIT-043 which has a built-in UART-USB bridge.

The CY8CKIT-043 doesn't have a BLE built in so I soldered on the CYBLE-022001-00, and created a project with the CYBLE-022001-00 as the Target Module.

I get the below error when trying to program the board, and the details say:

The target device selected in this window does not have a Silicon ID and Revision that matches the current project's selected device. Either pick a different debug target here, or go back and change the project's selected device. If you believe the target's detected revision number is incorrect, verify that the selected Debug Clock is 1/3 of the chip's Bus Clock and try running Port Acquire to reset the device.

How do I create a project that uses both the BLE module and the PSoC chip on the CY8CKIT-043?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

You are using the CYBLE-022001-00 BLE module so in the target device please select this module(CYBLE-022001-00) instead of CY8C4247LQI-BL483 and try to program.

The device on the board (CY8C4247AZI-M485) does not have a BLE component so you are getting an error saying incompatible device in PSoC Creator. The PSoC 4200M has a EZ-BLE footprint only.

You can refer to section 3.1 on page 16 of the linked document.

http://www.cypress.com/file/193101/download

-Sayani.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

A project is always bound to the chip. So you cannot have a project with two (different) PSoCs.

But fortunately

You can add another project to your Workspace. This will allow you for selecting the project (PSoC chip) to edit / compile / debug and swithch between the projects.

Bob

0 Likes

I think what I am trying to do is create a project with a single PSoC and a BLE. The CYBLE-022001-00 a BLE module that can be soldered onto the CY8CKIT-043. The CY8CKIT-043 has a footpring specifically for the BLE modules.

I was able to create a fully functioning BLE_HID_Keyboard project, which is one of the sample projects, when I was using the Pioneer Kit with the PSoC 4 BLE module (CY8CKIT-142).

I will try your suggestion of creating two projects but I will really need to end up getting them to work together like I was able to do with the Pioneer Kit.

0 Likes

Hello,

If you are using the CY8CKIT-043 kit with the PSoC 4200M target, then you need to populate the DPDT switch, SW4 and move the switch to appropriate position for programming either the EZ-BLE module or the PSoC 4200M.

You can also remove the PSoC 4200M target device and just use the CYBLE module along with the kit prog.

For details on programming the module , refer to 4.2.7 on page 30 of the linked document.

-Sayani.

I have attached the switch and removed the resistors and I see that PSoC Creator recognizes the two devices.

I am trying to build the standard BLE HID Keyboard example project, the one I had working on the PSoC 4 Pioneer board, and I get a conflict that I don't understand and is not explained in the datasheet documentation.

If I set the target device to CY8C4247LQI-BL483 the project builds, but I can't program to chip. If I set the target device to the actual device on the board (CY8C4247AZI-M485), I get this error:

"Error in component: BLE. The BLE_v3_30 component (BLE) is not compatible with the selected device. Please check the component datasheet for details on updating to a compatible component."

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hello,

You are using the CYBLE-022001-00 BLE module so in the target device please select this module(CYBLE-022001-00) instead of CY8C4247LQI-BL483 and try to program.

The device on the board (CY8C4247AZI-M485) does not have a BLE component so you are getting an error saying incompatible device in PSoC Creator. The PSoC 4200M has a EZ-BLE footprint only.

You can refer to section 3.1 on page 16 of the linked document.

-Sayani.

I am working through your suggestion, but I wanted to point out that my existing project seems to be programming the PSoC 4200 because it has code such as this, reading from the pins on the PSoC chip. The working BLE HID Keyboard project has an image of the PSoC 4200 chip in the .cydwr file. I think I have PSoC 4200 code and BLE code all on one project, in the working project that I have, and sort of wanted to keep this new project on the CY8CKIT-043 as close to that as possible, since it is the one that works.

<pre>

keys[0] = Pin_3_0_Read();

keys[1] = Pin_3_1_Read();

keys[2] = Pin_3_2_Read();

</pre>

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes