Can not port acquire any device in PSoC Creator4.2 with psoc4014

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can download released hex file into my board PSOC4014 successfully,

pastedImage_0.png

But when i goback to debug the project in PSoC Creator 4.2 with the same cable connection, I can not see any devices in "Select Debug Target".

pastedImage_1.png

When I Press the "Port Acquire" button, nothing happen.

Please help me ~~~ Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Just looking at your programmer logs - do you use chip protection? If yes, then I guess you will not be able to access the debug port on the device. Please check this KBA - Flash Read Protection for Bootloader and Bootloadable Code in PSoC® 4

Disable Chip protection if you want to debug the device.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hello Wilkins,

Please disconnect the board from psoc programmer before trying to program with psoc creator. If this doesn't solve the problem please ping here again.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yeshwanth,

The PSoC programmer is closed before I open creator, the port acquire keeps the same and no device is detected.

0 Likes

Open task manager and close all instances of psoc programmer or any other program which you might think be holding the port. If that doesn't work do a system restart and try it once. Please feel free to post further problems.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad news is it does not work. This same condition happen again in my another computer. Both these 2 computer use Win10.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks ~~~

0 Likes

Hello wilkins_yuan_3707171​,

Is the board powered externally or through MiniProg? If the board is powered externally, please select "External" option in the Port Setting. Does it throw any error when you try port acquire? If yes, can post the error?

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use MiniProg3 to provide power for my board, so we choose 3.3V as the power supplier.

When I press "Port Acuqire" button, nothing happen, no error alarm.

0 Likes

Just looking at your programmer logs - do you use chip protection? If yes, then I guess you will not be able to access the debug port on the device. Please check this KBA - Flash Read Protection for Bootloader and Bootloadable Code in PSoC® 4

Disable Chip protection if you want to debug the device.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes