How should I change the UART RX pin to a external interrupt pin?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dave_Long
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi:

How should I change the UART RX pin to a external interrupt pin?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

I think that depends on the internal digital routine resources. The limitation of internal digital routine lead to the access of pins assignment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
RyanZhao

Hi Long,

Are you using PSoC4?

For the latest version of SCB, you can check 'Show UART terminals'.

Then enable UART terminal pin's interrupt.

However, may I know why you want to enable RX pin's external interrupt? UART Component has provided some interrupt resources.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

Hi Ryan:

In the running mode the pin is used to a SCB uart rx function,however I want to used the pin as a wake up pin when the ship into  a DS mode.So the pin must be configured as an external interrupt pin.

0 Likes
RyanZhao

I see it..How about checking 'Enable wakeup from Deep Sleep'?

0 Likes

Hi:

About the 'Enable wakeup from Deep Sleep',I have some question to ask:

1、When I check  'Enable wakeup from Deep Sleep' option,I found that only P30 ,P10can be chosen .

Note The UART rx_wake pin must be placed on a port at which an interrupt is capable of waking the device from Deep Sleep.                        Refer to the selected device datasheet for more information about ports.
    I want to know where the selected device datasheet illustrate which pin can be chosen as a UART rx_wake?

pastedImage_6.png

2、If the P30 ,P10 must be used as other function ,how can I achieve to wake up the chip from the deep sleep mode by the UART_rx pin which has been place in the P40?

0 Likes
RyanZhao

I think that depends on the internal digital routine resources. The limitation of internal digital routine lead to the access of pins assignment.

0 Likes