CX3 UVC extension unit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have implemneted the uvc extension in CX3, but it always failed in the test. I referenced the sample AN75779, Who can help to check where is the problem?

My steps:

1. add Extension Unit Descriptor in the cyfxuvcdscr.c ;

2. modify cycx3_uvc.h ;

3. modify cycx3_uvc.c

a. set event in CyCx3UvcAppUSBSetupCB();

b. get event in UVCAppEP0Thread_Entry().  if meet the conditions, it will execute UVCHandleExtensionUnitRqts(). But it seems that the conditions are always not met from the log.

#define CY_FX_UVC_VIDEO_CONTROL_REQUEST_EVENT   (1 << 2)

#define CY_FX_UVC_VIDEO_STREAM_REQUEST_EVENT    (1 << 3)

#define CY_FX_UVC_EXTENSION_UNIT_ID     (uint8_t)(3)            /* wIndex value used to select Extension Unit. */

for (;;)

{

/* Wait for a Video control or streaming related request on the control endpoint. */

#if 1

if (CyU3PEventGet (&glFxUVCEvent, eventMask, CYU3P_EVENT_OR_CLEAR, &eventFlag,

CYU3P_WAIT_FOREVER) == CY_U3P_SUCCESS)

{

CyU3PUsbGetSpeed ();

CyU3PDebugPrint(4,"michael: eventFlag = %d wIndex_mv = %d\n\r", eventFlag, wIndex_mv);

if (eventFlag & CY_FX_UVC_VIDEO_CONTROL_REQUEST_EVENT)

{

switch ((wIndex_mv >> 8))

{

case CY_FX_UVC_EXTENSION_UNIT_ID:

UVCHandleExtensionUnitRqts ();

break;

default:

/* Unsupported request. Fail by stalling the control endpoint. */

CyU3PUsbStall (0, CyTrue, CyFalse);

break;

}

}

}

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you suggestion. I have found the issue. I create a new thread to get the control_request, but when i set the command from PC, the thread had already stopped, so the slave device had no response.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

The following log (Line Number #8) indicates that there is a setup packet to the extension unit.

bRType = 0xA1, bRequest = 0x85, wValue = 0x100, wIndex = 0x300, wLength= 0x2michael: Set CY_FX_UVC_VIDEO_CONTROL_REQUEST_EVENT

Please check.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks for your support. I did a test today, just send a read command with UVCExtensionApp(the PC sample in AN75779 : open app --> input '2' ). It is confused that the PC only send 2 commands : GET_LEN_REQ and GET_DEF_REQ, no GET_CUR_REQ. I also catched the packages at the same time, it was the same as the log. Why the PC doesn't send GET_CUR_REQ command?

michael: CyCx3UvcAppUSBEventCB

EnterSuspendMode Status =  0x0, Wakeup reason = 0x8

bRType = 0x1, bRequest = 0x3, wValue = 0x0, wIndex = 0x0, wLength= 0x0

bRType = 0xA1, bRequest = 0x85, wValue = 0x100, wIndex = 0x300, wLength= 0x2

bRType = 0xA1, bRequest = 0x87, wValue = 0x1400, wIndex = 0x100, wLength= 0xA

pastedImage_2.png                                                                

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also test the write command, the PC also only send 2 commands : GET_LEN_REQ and GET_DEF_REQ, no GET_CUR_REQ

0 Likes

Please debug in the host application to find out whether it is handling other requests or not.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you suggestion. I have found the issue. I create a new thread to get the control_request, but when i set the command from PC, the thread had already stopped, so the slave device had no response.