Design Files for HX3 and FX3 dev kits

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
didec_3723856
Level 1
Level 1

What format is the supplied schematic and pcb design files for these dev kits ?

Specially Cy4603 CY 4613  and CY4609 and HX3PD dev kit

We need to import to Altium 13.

Altium reports "Unknown file type" while importing through the wizard and selecting Orcad *.DSN file type.

Where can we get schematic package  and pcb foortprints libraries for Altium on these Cypress components ?

Altium Librariy files for FX3S and HX3 components will be welcome.

The availability of proper working Altium dsign files will help speed up designing with these components.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

The libray files for CY4609 in the format of altium designer could be found here

www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy4609-hx3-usb-30-hub-reference-design-kit

The libray files for CY4603 in the format of altium designer could be found here

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy4603-hx3-usb-30-hub-development-kit

I don't remember that Cypress provides altium designer library for FX3, FX3S and HX3PD. However, I will try to confirm that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

The libray files for CY4609 in the format of altium designer could be found here

www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy4609-hx3-usb-30-hub-reference-design-kit

The libray files for CY4603 in the format of altium designer could be found here

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy4603-hx3-usb-30-hub-development-kit

I don't remember that Cypress provides altium designer library for FX3, FX3S and HX3PD. However, I will try to confirm that.

0 Likes

Thanks, that helps a lot.

The Altium Cypress libraries is available for free download from

https://designcontent.live.altium.com/UnifiedComponents/Cypress

A real problem in the design cycle is the Alegro *.brd and schematic *.dsn

file format on the design kits.

I can't find the FX3S dev kit design files.

Please help with that.

0 Likes

FX3S kit is design by Pactron not Cypress. We don't have the design files.

0 Likes

I have followed google and came accross a few sugestions to convert the Orcad/Allegro design files to Altium schematic and pcb files.

After installing the evaluation/demo Orcad package from their site, I coulld import the schematics straight through Altium import wizard.

There might be a windows $PATH environmental issue.

Check google for that.

Some Allegro schematic design files need to be uploaded in Orcad and saved as .DSN file it looks like this format is different from the  default .dsn format.

I could also  convert the Allegro pcb file to Altium but need to confirm the process.

The target pc: OS: Windows 7

Altium 13.1

0 Likes

HI Dirk,

Also thanks to your work.

0 Likes

Hi,

A great site to either get a footprint or request a footprint to be created or even do it yourself !

PCB Libraries

If you do-it-yourself, their engineers will verify it and will notify you when verified/corrected.

I have already gone through this process for the Cypress LIB_CYUSB3314-88LTXC,  LIB_CYUSB3025-BZXI,  LIB_CYUSB3014-BZXI

so they will be available already on the site.

0 Likes