firmware BulkLpAutoCpp builded error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

firmware BulkLpAutoCpp builded error

but others firmware didn't have error,they can be builded.

1.1.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

Could you tell me why?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

This behavior is because the VID/PID combination used in the device descriptor is part of the CYUSB3 driver and hence the device gets bounded to this driver. But, this is not expected since this device needs to enumerate as a USB Composite device in the first place since it has got multiple interfaces. Right click on the "Cypress FX3 USB BulkloopExample Device" and choose "Update Driver". Follow the steps in the attached images to bind the device to the composite device driver. Once, this is done, the device enumerates as two interfaces under the "Unknown Devices" section. These interfaces can now be bound to CYUSB3 driver separately.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Kindly, right click on the project and choose Index -> Freshen All Files option and then build the project.

- Anyway, I guess the IMG file should be generated even though the errors are reported.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Anonymous
Not applicable

01.png

02.png

03.png

we all chinese system,if you really can understand,i can  translate it for you!

Thank you!

0 Likes

Hello,

- I assume based on the screenshot that the error displayed is "The device cannot start (Code 10)". Please correct me if I am wrong.

- Have you made any modifications to the firmware file? If yes, please mention the same.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

You are right ."The device cannot start (Code 10)".

I didn'n change anything except  "const uint8_t CyFxUSBSSConfigDscr[] __attribute__ ((aligned (32))) ="

1.png

2.png

3.png

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

This behavior is because the VID/PID combination used in the device descriptor is part of the CYUSB3 driver and hence the device gets bounded to this driver. But, this is not expected since this device needs to enumerate as a USB Composite device in the first place since it has got multiple interfaces. Right click on the "Cypress FX3 USB BulkloopExample Device" and choose "Update Driver". Follow the steps in the attached images to bind the device to the composite device driver. Once, this is done, the device enumerates as two interfaces under the "Unknown Devices" section. These interfaces can now be bound to CYUSB3 driver separately.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I followed your advice.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png5.png

FX3 cannot be installed on Windows

Windows can't find the device's driver file

6.jpg

0 Likes

Hello,

- After you land on the below page,

4.png

choose the second option,

"Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

- Then choose the USB Composite Device from the list displayed.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I followed your advice,thank you!

I didn't understand

0000000000.png

It has two FX3.

01.png

04.jpg

If the followed results are right?

11111111111111111111111.png

2222222222222222.png

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, this is the expected behavior.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you,I have a  question.I must select

111.png

I think when I make my program ,how can i do.

In the firware of UVC_AN75779 it has  222.png

I don't want to  UVC style but I want to have two interfaces.

How should I do?

0 Likes

Hello,

I am not clear with your question. The previously mentioned procedure can help you have two interfaces. You can select any of them using the host application (Cypress USB Control Center).

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

when I do it, what about the driver,how should I do?

0 Likes

In response 8, looks like that you have two FX3s connected to host. Is that right? Please upload the whole project for checking on my side.

I don't know what do you mean by saying "I want to have two interfaces" In response 10. Please explain it. Do you want to add some specific interface to the project BulkLoopAuto?

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I want to have a contror and a bulk translate .I will translate command by contror  interface

and translate data sream by bulk interface.I don't know if my design is correct.

I changed  Super Speed Configuration Descriptor of UVC_AN75779 。

I still want to continue using the architecture of uvc.c.

Could you give me some advice?

Thank you!

0 Likes

What do you mean by saying "translate?" Is it a typo?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

BULK Streaming  Data

0 Likes
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

As per your descriptor, both the interfaces are defined as vendor class. So each can be independently bound to Cypress vendor driver CYUSB3. You can select one of them in the host application and perform data transfers.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I want to use two endpoints now.

One is a custom command (vendor) transfer using the control transport endpoint and the other is a bulk transport endpoint.

How do I set up the configuration descriptor? Please give me some advice.

Thank you!

0 Likes

Hello,

The query for which the thread was created has been answered. Kindly, create new threads for additional queries. Keeping one thread for one particular query will benefit the community.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes