Programming CYPD2122-20FNXI with PSoC creator 3.3 unsupported trouble

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aldr_3203566
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I currently have a PCB hardware design completed using a CYPD2122-20FNXI (BGA) package CCG2 controller.

The trouble comes when I attempt to program the MCU.

The sample program that I am working with and have modified to the specific use case is in the following sdk

CCGx SDK Version 3.0.2, April 10, 2017

The PSoC version is 3.3 (came bundled with this SDK) and I can't seem to program the chip from PSoC creator.

Due to working with another CCG MCU I have upgraded the PSoC Programmer to version 3.27.3.

I am able to erase/program/read the CYPD2122-20FNXI FLASH in this software, but when I attempt to program using the binary generated in PSoC Creator 3.3 I have a device mismatch error since the project was created for CYPD2122-24LQXI.

When attempting to change the MCU used in the project in PSoC creator I can not find the CYPD2122-20FNXI in the device list.

I am thinking to solve this in one of a few ways...

1. Can I add CYPD2122-20FNXI support to the PSoC 3.3... where can I add this data?

2. Use a newer SDK... the newest SDK 3.2.1 appears to have completely removed CCG2 example code completely, can you confirm this?

3. Install the latest SDK, then copy the projects from SDK 3.0.1 into SDK 3.2.1 and attempt to build... is this possible?

Anyway, what I want to do I think is simple... program the example project ()CYPD2122-24LQXI_mobile) created for CYPD2122-24LQXI into the CYPD2122-20FNXI.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ,

If you are new designing for notebook, I have to recommend you use CCG4 or CCG5 with full firmware support in SDK.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

The latest SDK CCGx Host SDK (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-software-development-kit?source=sear... ) have CCG2 CYPD2122 updated. Please double confirm it. And please make sure use PSoC Creator 4.2 open the latest SDK project. It seems this is the best way to accomplish this.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisz,

Thank you, I have located the project in latest SDK.

However, when I attempt to change the part and build I receive this message... how can I resolve this?

The selected device for the Bootloader and Bootloadable projects must match, but don't. Bootloader is targeting 'CYPD2122-24LQXIT' and Bootloadable is targeting 'CYPD2122-20FNXI'.

0 Likes

Hi ,

I noticed the I2C bootloader project is not includes in CCG2 latest SDK project. This is the problem.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible to use the I2C boot loader project from another revision of the SDK?

I will try this myself soon, can you confirm about this?

We are planning to release a product based on the CCG2 (CY2122-20LQXI) and it appears that CCG2 support is slowly being removed from the latest SDKs... is the CCG2 reaching end of life (EOL)? If the CCG2 is reaching end of life (EOL) can you recommend a close replacement for our application?  The application is very similar to a portable USBC mobile battery but with USB2.0 communication.  Maybe this is more similar to a tablet or laptop implementation.

0 Likes

Hi ,

If you are new designing for notebook, I have to recommend you use CCG4 or CCG5 with full firmware support in SDK.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes