Why does it fail USB3 Superspeed Compliance testing?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using FX3 in a product for product-to-PC communication. This communication work successfully where the product is recognized as an USB3 Superspeed device. However when using USB-IF's compliance testing tool USB30CV, the tool is unable to detect my FX3 product, see figure 1 below. Is there anyone else who have encountered this problem? I.e. the compliance testing tool is unable to detect the device.

pastedImage_0.png
Figure 1, displaying error message in USB compliance tool which is unable to find fx3 device.

0 Likes
1 Solution
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hi,

-Please check whether the FX3 device enumerate in device manager or not,before compliance testing.

-Please let me know If you are connecting FX3 device to USB3.0 Host controller or USB2.0 Host controller.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hi,

-Please check whether the FX3 device enumerate in device manager or not,before compliance testing.

-Please let me know If you are connecting FX3 device to USB3.0 Host controller or USB2.0 Host controller.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the strange thing. The device enumerates in device manager as a USB 3.0 Superspeed device. Still the USB compliance testing tool provided by USB-IF cannot detect my device.

I've done some reading and tried Microsoft's USB evalutation tool: USB hardware verifier (USB3HWVerifierAnalyzer.exe) | Microsoft Docs​, this tool gives the following information about what is wrong with my FX3 configuration of USB Superspeed protocol.pastedImage_1.png

Figure 1, displaying faulty USB configuration.

One article from Microsoft is helpful and indicates that the PC accepts USB devices that is not 100% correct according to USB-IF compliance standard for Superspeed. This could mean that PC accepts the device but USB-IF compliance testing tool is much more picky since it shall test compliance with standard and hence does not want to connect to my device.
Link to Microsoft article describing that PC's accepts USB devices which is not totally following the USB-IF standard for Superspeed.

Common issues in USB 3.0 devices – Microsoft Windows USB Core Team Blog

Any help of what I might should change in my USB descriptor file after receiving above error messages?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed the MaxPacketSize from 64 to 512, thereafter was the USB-IF compliance testing tool able to detect my device! This made the first error message stated above disappear, though the two last error messages are still showing up when connecting my FX3 device. Do anyone have any thoughts what I might should change in my USB descriptor file to get rid of these error messages?

0 Likes

Hello,

Please post the descriptor file used in your project.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes