EZ-USB SDK compilation error with Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently moved my development environment from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 one.

I'm using EZ-USB SDK to develop firmware for CX3 devices.

Everything worked fine on old setup, but on Windows 10 I cannot compile my code anymore, with the following output:

cs-make all

Building file: ../.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c

Invoking: Cross ARM C Compiler

cs-make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr = 0x420a53)

DId anyone encounter the same problem? How can be fixed?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Andrea

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Keaj,

thanks for the support.

I noticed the problem was related to a missing file (namely makefile.init), which I did not have in the old environment but seems to be needed for compilation in the new one.

I also noticed that if I create a new project from scratch from the SDK, this file is created if I choose FX3 project, but it is not if I create a CX3 configuration project (which is what I need). The former compiles, the latter does not. Adding it manually solves the problem.

Thank and best regards,

Andrea

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello Andrea,

1)Are you seeing the same build error in multiple Windows 10 machines?

2)Can you please check if any of the SDK example is getting compiled successfully in the same machine?

3)Can you please provide your PATH variable setting?

4)Do you have Git installed in your Windows 10 system?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Keaj,

thanks for the support.

I noticed the problem was related to a missing file (namely makefile.init), which I did not have in the old environment but seems to be needed for compilation in the new one.

I also noticed that if I create a new project from scratch from the SDK, this file is created if I choose FX3 project, but it is not if I create a CX3 configuration project (which is what I need). The former compiles, the latter does not. Adding it manually solves the problem.

Thank and best regards,

Andrea