Bluetooth Piconet [4 slave 1 Master]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to create PICONET with 4 slave and 1 master. Master will transmit the audio to all the salve, while slave will play the audio at the same time. Time sync within PICONET is very important.

Please suggest if 20735 will suffice our requirement. If so then I will buy 5 nos of CYW920735Q60EVB-01 Evaluation Kit.

If not then please suggest which will help me demo the above requirement.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Currently there is no standard way of doing this. The Apple Air pods use a propitiatory method of communication between the 2 pods and the the Phone. Based on standard BT specifications this is not possible, and we do not have a solution for this.

But we do have a solution to do the same over WiFi. It is included as an example called 'Apollo' in the WICED Studio. You can read the related app note in the 'Doc' folder of WICED Studio. I agree WiFi will not be as power efficient when compared to BT.

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Do you mean 4 slaves play the audio steam at the same time? There is no such application for BT device.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This application is the same as Apple Ear bud. Apple ear bud is also using BT and audio is simultaneously playing on 2 slave devices. We just want it to extend to another 3.

0 Likes

Currently there is no standard way of doing this. The Apple Air pods use a propitiatory method of communication between the 2 pods and the the Phone. Based on standard BT specifications this is not possible, and we do not have a solution for this.

But we do have a solution to do the same over WiFi. It is included as an example called 'Apollo' in the WICED Studio. You can read the related app note in the 'Doc' folder of WICED Studio. I agree WiFi will not be as power efficient when compared to BT.

Regards
Winston