API to transmit data to UART when configured in DMA mode.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am working on a project where i need to connect FX3 to the external peripheral using the  UART interface.This project basically uses a direct DMA channel from UART to USB endpoint to read data coming over Rx lines ,as explained in the UsbUart example. But with this  only  the reception part of the data over UART can be achieved. My requirement is that even before the reception of data , the external peripheral needs to be configured . As the UART is opened or configured in DMA mode the API's like CyU3PUartTransmitBytes will not work . So is there any other way or any API that can be used to send data over the Tx lines of UART from CX3  to the peripheral?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you clarify what do you mean by CyU3PUartTransmitBytes does not work? You are supposed to call this after the channel is configured? Why do you want to transmit data before the channel is configured? You have mentioned tha the UART data transfer is working, but CyU3PUartTransmitBytes does not work. Can you clarify the scenario in detail?  "My requirement is that even before the reception of data , the external peripheral needs to be configured">> thats ok, you configure the external processor and then start the UART transfers. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

While the UART is configured in DMA mode , the api CyU3PUartTransmitBytes cannot be used as stated by the FX3 API documentation.  From this my understanding is that in DMA mode only the reception over RX lines of UART is possible ?If this is the case then what is the way to write onto TX lines of UART in DMA mode?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Omkar:

Has your problem been solved?

In DMA mode, I also dont konw how to send data form TX_PIN.

If you have solve this problem,can you tell me how you solved this problem?Maybe I can get the right solution from your experience.Thank you!

Best Regards,

Luca L

0 Likes