CX3 24 bits GPIF implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
leda_289486
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi,

I'd like to have a code snippet for cx3 to place it correctly into gpif 24 bits mode.

For now we have of course something like :

apiRetStatus = CyU3PMipicsiGpifLoad( CY_U3P_MIPICSI_BUS_24 , BUFFERSIZE);

call

and a apiRetStatus value success as return.

However I have a worry with a former call of

apiRetStatus = CyU3PDeviceConfigureIOMatrix (&io_cfg);

because in every example io_cfg.isDQ32Bit is defined as CyFalse.

We define some gpios with it also and uart/i2c usage so this function has to be called either.

Is this OK with CX3 that isDQ32Bit is set to false whereas we use the 24 bits gpif ? Cx3Rgb24AS0260 sample as something similar in it.

In our firmware, we now have a correct behavior with a CY_U3P_MIPICS_BUS_16 configuration (format output 16 bits also). If we change to 24 bits with GPifLoad (and format output RGB888 24 bits also), it doesn't work anymore as if CX3 was still in gpif 16 bits configuration after the CyU3PMipicsiGpifLoad call.

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

-- Is this OK with CX3 that isDQ32Bit is set to false whereas we use the 24 bits gpif ?

Yes its completely fine as you are not using all the 32 bits as Data transfer lines on GPIF.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

-- Is this OK with CX3 that isDQ32Bit is set to false whereas we use the 24 bits gpif ?

Yes its completely fine as you are not using all the 32 bits as Data transfer lines on GPIF.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes