USB Unknown with CY8C5868AXI-LP035 (psoc 5)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello fellow developers 🙂

Using the PSOC 5, when connecting the USB to a PC the "USB UNKNOWN" message pops up.

1. I've used several designs with a usbuart feature. while on a different board the USB is recognized, on my board it isn't.

2. since my USB traces go through a VPX connector to another board and only then to a USB connector, I bypassed my board by attaching the USB cable straight to the 22.1 ohm resistors on both + and - pins (connected GND as well) - result was the same. UNKNOWN DEVICE.

3. I even replaced the device on my board from a 2015 date code to a 2017 date code, thinking that could be the problem.

So far I'm quite desperate.

Since I'm sure in my schematic, I think there are 3 issues that could be the problem:

1. I'm missing some kind of first time assignments to the device?

2. The burning in is somehow not correct (it says "successful" so i doubt it's the problem. but occasionally i get an error on first burn-in and succeed only in the 2nd try)?

3. I have some peripheral issues with voltages/currents/reset/capacitors/traces?

Can anyone assist? Have an idea on what I should check?

Thank you!

Sheran

0 Likes
3 Replies
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

I see this message if I use USBUART_3V_OPERATION

so I always set 5V:

USBUART_Start(USBFS_DEVICE, USBUART_5V_OPERATION);

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I've checked and it was set for 5V.

Tried setting 3V but it was still recognized as unknown.

I want to try and use the driver here on the website because with the generated driver there's a notice that the driver doesn't match my device.

on a different board the same design works just fine.

Another thing is; all other features seem to work fine. I'm using the power monitor, debouncer for reset and even was able to read a temp sensor using I2C (through the JTAG interface).

😕

any ideas on what to try??

0 Likes

Can you share the schematic of board, so that we can check.

Are you observing this enumeration issue even after after programming a Code Example based on USBFS

0 Likes