Demo app vs host app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
deonc_3697476
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi I was hoping someone could clarify the difference between the Demo apps and the Host app that is included in the sample applications in WICED. I checked the README file but it just said the host app application communicates with  embedded HCI apps over the WICED HCI interface.

If my CYW20719 application is supposed to be programmed into the CYW20719 SoC and run as a standalone program on the chip would I still need to do a host app? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

You are correct, if you want to do a standalone design you will not need the Host app.

The Host app is an HCI interface library for applications where you do not want to use the Host Capabilities of the CYW20719, but just use the radio.

Client Control is a PC application to send HCI commands.

The files in the Common Folder can be ported to another MCU to enable HCI Host functions in that MCU.

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

1 Reply
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

You are correct, if you want to do a standalone design you will not need the Host app.

The Host app is an HCI interface library for applications where you do not want to use the Host Capabilities of the CYW20719, but just use the radio.

Client Control is a PC application to send HCI commands.

The files in the Common Folder can be ported to another MCU to enable HCI Host functions in that MCU.

Regards
Winston