Prototype development for CY8CMBR3106S-LQXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a prototype board with a CY8CMBR3106S-LQXI that I am trying to configure. I have two dev boards, CY3280-MBR3 and CY8CKIT-145 (see attachment for image).

First, can I use the CY3280-MBR3 with EZ-click to configure the registers for my prototype? What jumpers do I connect to and how do I make EZ-click recognize my new device? (I think this option is simpler than option two, but let me know).

Second, if the CY3280-MBR3 cannot configure my board, can the CY8CKIT-145 be used? The board can be separated at the J4 header pins and the I2C header J6 I thought could be used for configuring. Gong this route, I assume I have to use PSoC Creator. I can connect to the 4000s using single wire, but it does not switch to I2C in port settings (see Capture1). Let me know if EZ-Click or PSoC is the correct software to be using for configuring the CY8CMBR3106S-LQXI and which dev kit.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Joe,

J13-1 and J14-1 are I2C_SCL and I2C_SDA of I2C-USB Bridge on Kit-MBR3.

pastedImage_0.png

J6-4 and J6-5 are I2C_SCL and I2C_SDA of I2C-USB Bridge on Kit-145,

pastedImage_1.png

In addition, you may require add external pull-up resistors to use I2C bridge on Kit-MBR3 and Kit-145. As by default, external pull-ups on board are nearby slaves on these two kits. If you don't cut down the connection between slave devices on board and I2C bridge, I2C address may be conflict.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RyanZhao

Hi Joe,

J13-1 and J14-1 are I2C_SCL and I2C_SDA of I2C-USB Bridge on Kit-MBR3.

pastedImage_0.png

J6-4 and J6-5 are I2C_SCL and I2C_SDA of I2C-USB Bridge on Kit-145,

pastedImage_1.png

In addition, you may require add external pull-up resistors to use I2C bridge on Kit-MBR3 and Kit-145. As by default, external pull-ups on board are nearby slaves on these two kits. If you don't cut down the connection between slave devices on board and I2C bridge, I2C address may be conflict.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In short, can I use the I2C-USB bridge on the Kit-MBR3 to configure another board with the CY8CMBR3106S-LQXI? Or what options are there to configure a CY8CMBR3106S-LQXI?

0 Likes
RyanZhao

Hi Joe, Sorry for my late...Yes. you can. Any I2C-USB bridge you can use to configure MBR3.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes