CX3 UVC Composite device UVCAppEP0Thread_Entry not firing.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm working on a project using CX3 and a custom sensor board. We also need the second interface to control the sensor registers. My application is generated by "CX3 Configuration Project".  I've integrated everything under "USB_DEBUG_INTERFACE" macro and created the thread for "UVCAppEP0Thread_Entry" from AN75779. The second interface is listed correctly in device manager, however, when I send data through "USB Control Center", the event is set in CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback, but the UVCAppEP0Thread_Entry doesn't see that event (I've put breakpoint inside the function) and when I press the "Transfer Data-IN" from USB Control Center, I get error code 997 (I assume its the timeout). Also, if I try again to send data to CX3, the CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback doesn't fire up anymore. Is there anything else I should integrate in my project from that example beside the macro and UVCAppEP0Thread_Entry? Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Ion Popa

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Ion Popa,

- Ensure that you have created the event group (using the CyU3PEventCreate API) that you are setting in the CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback function.

- Instead of using breakpoints, try using CyU3PDebugPrint() API (in case you have the UART functionality enabled) to debug the code.

- If possible, kindly, share the firmware source code.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

What do you mean by saying "  I've integrated everything under "USB_DEBUG_INTERFACE" macro"? Please elaborate what all things you have integrated?

-- The second interface is listed correctly in device manager

Which second interface you have used? Attach the screen shot of the device manager.

-- Are you able to see the device in control center after programming the FX3 with AN 75779 firmware?

If yes please attach the screen shot.

--the event is set in CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback

How did you check that the event is set?

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Ion Popa,

- Ensure that you have created the event group (using the CyU3PEventCreate API) that you are setting in the CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback function.

- Instead of using breakpoints, try using CyU3PDebugPrint() API (in case you have the UART functionality enabled) to debug the code.

- If possible, kindly, share the firmware source code.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes