S25FL064L SFDP table - Erase times

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have problems reconstructing the maximum erase times from the SFDP data of the S25FL064L. In the current data sheet (Rev E) on page 117 in Table 40 you can find the "JEDEC Basic Flash Parameter Dword-10" which contains the erase time data for the chip. I have verified that I can read the four bytes listed in the column "Data": 0xEE009231 This data does not match the explanation in the column "Description". The description is for the DWord 0xFF0D9231 as listed at the bottom in the box.

I need to know the maximum erase time for the Erase Sector Type 3 instruction. Necessary for this is:

- The Sector Type 3 Erase time count, which seems to calculate to 1  for the 0xEE009231 DWord (Bits 22:18 are all zero, zero+1=1)

- The Sector Type 3 Erase time unit, which is 1 ms (Bits 24:23 are zero, which means 1ms time base)

- The Multiplier from typical to maximum, which calculates to 4 (bits 3:0 are 0001, which translates to a multiplier of 4)

As a result I get 4 ms as the maximum erase time for the Sector Type 3 Erase, which is much too low compared to the data sheet.

Did I miss something?

1 Solution

Hello

Marketing is going to update the datasheet and test program next quarter.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum. We have received your inquiry and currently reviewing the case. We will get back to you as soon as we find the resolution.

Have a wonderful day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello,

The description box is correct, but the value in Dword-10 is incorrect (typo), needs to be FF0D9231 as in Description box. Thank you for letting us know.

Thank you and have a nice day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.

The real problem is that this "typo" is stored in the chip itself. As noted in my original request I can read the wrong value out of the actual SFDP table in the S25FL064L.

0 Likes

Hello,

I just verified on a real S25FL064L chip that the values stored in these fields are: [0x31 - 0x92 - 0x00 - 0xEE] which should give the right parameters you're looking for, Please see below:

pastedImage_1.png

Please double check that you're considering the first read byte as a dummy byte when reading the SFDP, otherwise your data will be shifted by one byte:

pastedImage_0.png

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Bacem

---

Bacem Daassi

Customer Application Engineering

Cypress semiconductor Corp.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for checking that.

The data you read is exactly the data I can read from the chip. (My data word above is written as a DWORD, your data is written as 4 separate bytes, low significant byte first. They are the same data.)

And it is this data which does not calculate to a valid erase time for a sector type 3 erase, IMHO. Bushra just answered above that the data in datasheet is a typo and it should be different (0xFF0D9231, or 0x31 - 0x92 - 0x0D - 0xFF if written as separate bytes).

So can we now agree that the data stored in the chip is faulty?

0 Likes
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

We are working on the issue.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello

Marketing is going to update the datasheet and test program next quarter.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes