PSOC4 Starting general use of shield pin create issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using PSOC4 CY8C4245-AXI 483 chip for capsense product. Earliery, I have put 10nF 5% capacitor at shield  pin P4.3.

But then i have removed the capacitor and started using this pin as GPIO. But After that I am observing some misbehavior at capsense touch.

Is there any specific roll of this shield pin and capacitor in capsense?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Ankit,

Shield tank capacitor does not affect the Cap sense systems. Please make sure that your hatch pattern in connected to the ground.  

In the meantime, could you please refer to this link, that gives you a detailed explanation on how to debug if there is false touch in your Cap sense system.

PSoC® 4 CapSense® Troubleshooting Guide - KBA219217

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Ankit,

Are you using shield electrode in your design? If yes, you are required to connect the 10nF capacitor. This will maintain the AMUX bus B voltage at the reference level and is recommended to reduce switching transients

Could you please tell how your CapSense is "misbehaving"?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Bragadeesh,

Thanks for your reply, I am not using shield electrode in my design, The misbehavior observed is in linear slider type sense. it is observed false detection on it.

THanks

0 Likes

Hello Ankit,

Shield tank capacitor does not affect the Cap sense systems. Please make sure that your hatch pattern in connected to the ground.  

In the meantime, could you please refer to this link, that gives you a detailed explanation on how to debug if there is false touch in your Cap sense system.

PSoC® 4 CapSense® Troubleshooting Guide - KBA219217

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes