Is it possible to gather mac address and rssi from around STAs in WICED?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuLe_1710756
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received First like given

Hi,

One of our customer has some questions.

Q) Customer would like to know whether WICED WiFi supports SoftAP and STA simultaneously and I know it doesn’t matter to support at all.

By the way, is WICED device possible to gather information “mac address” and “signal strength” by receiving “Probe request” from around devices when SoftAP and STA are running simultaneously and STA is connected to another AP?

Thanks,

Sung-Mok Lee

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested this configuration and it works.

The only problem is that, when your are making the device in both STA and SoftAP you have first to configure in a first mode then in the second and if you try to change the order it'll not work

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From this post I know that the WICED application does not support the Monitor Mode.

However, I think if this chip is only aimed to "sniff" the Probe Request Frame, maybe support of Monitor Mode is not necessary. The module can be set to the AP mode, and processing of the Probe Request Frames from STAs should be an intrinsic function of every AP.

Maybe what they need is an API or sample application to get the Probe Reques Frames, rather than to accept all the packets. I'm not sure. Can someone give any advice?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discussion is being locked. If you have any follow-up, please start a new discussion.

0 Likes