1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2018 11:59 AM by gubac_1268471 Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
        DheerajK_81

I suggest that you do the following:

1) Generate the hex file of your application using PSoC Creator 4.2.

2) Connect in the following manner: PC > Miniprog 3 > 5 Pin > PSoC 5LP Application Board

3) Open PSoC Programmer 3.27.3

4) Connect to your Miniprog 3

5) Use the following settings: SWD and 3.3V

6) Load the hex file you generated in step 1

7) Hit program and check if the operation is successful in the PSoC Programmer window

If you get any error during programming, it will be shown in the window. Tell me what you see if it fails.

Can you share the schematic of your application board? I think that will help answer the two problems you are facing.

Regards,

Dheeraj

• 31. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
          gubac_1268471

This will be my last contribution to this case in the blog.

I managed to recover the operation of the programming on the only PC that mounts XP among those I have and I can therefore provide precise information on what happened.

1 - My application works perfectly and does not present any anomaly.

2 - ICs that have been programmed by Creator 4.2 and Programmer 3.27.3 all have pins 18 and 19 faulted and no longer controlled.

3 - The other pins work.

4 - I therefore confirm that Creator 4.2 and Programmer 3.27.3, used under Windows 10 do not correctly program the PLD of the PSoC 5 LP and damage the ICs.

5 - Under Windows 10, if you uninstall your applications with the appropriate operating system procedure, your installer is not launched and the uninstallation does not remove the files that are no longer used, nor the related registry keys. As a result, if you try to install earlier releases, the installation stops and is abandoned.

6 - Still under Windows 10, manually removing files and keys, I reinstalled Creator 3.3 CP3 and Programmer 3.24.4. The Creator works, but the MiniProg3 is not recognized and does not work.

7 - Do not ask me to do further tests with your applications under Windows 10 because I have had enough damage and make your applications working is your job, not mine.

8 - For completeness, I enclose the tested release of my application, to be opened with Creator 3.1 or later.

Conclusion: warn users who use Windows 10 that your applications do not work with that operating system and solve the disaster you have made.

It would not be a bad thing if the compilation time of the new Creator versions were as reasonable as they were before the last "improvements".

I hope that I will be informed when I shall can safely use a new version of the Creator with Windows 10.

I have only one more question: is there a version of your applications that works under Mac OSx?

I just have to offer my warmest congratulations for the efficiency, the preparation and the timeliness of your new customer’s technical assistance: 13 days of empty talk to not solve any problem and not even get useful information was an experience I missed.

Good job.

• 32. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
            DheerajK_81

1 - My application works perfectly and does not present any anomaly.

Ans. As i mentioned previously, application works perfectly and must be an issue with your PC

2 - ICs that have been programmed by Creator 4.2 and Programmer 3.27.3 all have pins 18 and 19 faulted and no longer controlled.

3 - The other pins work.

Ans. Not been able to recreate this

4 - I therefore confirm that Creator 4.2 and Programmer 3.27.3, used under Windows 10 do not correctly program the PLD of the PSoC 5 LP and damage the ICs.

Ans. Without the schematic of your application board, hard to say why the ICs are getting damaged

5 - Under Windows 10, if you uninstall your applications with the appropriate operating system procedure, your installer is not launched and the uninstallation does not remove the files that are no longer used, nor the related registry keys. As a result, if you try to install earlier releases, the installation stops and is abandoned.

Ans. As mentioned earlier, you can have multiple versions of PSoC Creator running on your system. You don't need to uninstall. I don't understand why the installation stops due to files from other versions, it is strange. Will try to recreate this.

6 - Still under Windows 10, manually removing files and keys, I reinstalled Creator 3.3 CP3 and Programmer 3.24.4. The Creator works, but the MiniProg3 is not recognized and does not work.

Ans. Refer the following KBA to debug: Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

7 - Do not ask me to do further tests with your applications under Windows 10 because I have had enough damage and make your applications working is your job, not mine.

Ans. The only reason I asked you to test it on your system is because the application runs fine on my Windows 10 system and I do not get any of the issue you are facing. Hence, running the test on your system is the only option.

8 - For completeness, I enclose the tested release of my application, to be opened with Creator 3.1 or later.

Ans. I'm glad it works. Thank you for sharing your insights and expertise.

Conclusion: warn users who use Windows 10 that your applications do not work with that operating system and solve the disaster you have made.

It would not be a bad thing if the compilation time of the new Creator versions were as reasonable as they were before the last "improvements".

Sorry that the new Creator versions didn't prove as useful to you. We hope to make it better, thank you for the feedback.

I have only one more question: is there a version of your applications that works under Mac OSx?

PSoC Creator currently only supports Windows platforms. You can have a virtual machine (VM) running Windows setup on your Macbook to run PSoC Creator.

I just have to offer my warmest congratulations for the efficiency, the preparation and the timeliness of your new customer’s technical assistance: 13 days of empty talk to not solve any problem and not even get useful information was an experience I missed.

Good job.

As much as I appreciate the sarcasm, please maintain the decorum of the forum and speak your issues as much straight to the point as possible so that others who look at this thread don't get misinformed or misguided. We are a friendly community and always happy to help!

Thank you for sharing your project and contributing to the community.

Regards,

Dheeraj

• 33. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
              gubac_1268471

The only conclusion I can draw is that your programs work with Windows 10 if they feel like it and / or if Windows 10 wants to make them working.

This is very exciting, but it is not my problem and I have already damaged enough ICs.

Get on with each other and with Microsoft: I can not solve your problems and I expect you and Microsoft to do your job.

I hope you will let me know when there are versions of Creator and Programmer that are FULLY TESTED under Windows 10.

About Mac OSx, I was simply hoping to get around Windows 10, because I have also a Mac...

Guido

• 34. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                DheerajK_81

Sure, will let you know in case we are able to reproduce such errors and fix it. Hope we have reached the end of the discussion!

Regards,

Dheeraj

• 35. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                  gubac_1268471

Of course! No problem has been solved, I have damages on four boards, I lost 13 days of work, I work with a 3.3 CP3, which stops working every quarter of an hour, and so everything goes very well. I could not be more satisfied with the support I received; I will certainly recommend it to friends!

My fixed PC, on which all the disaster happened, receives updates twice a week. Is yours fully updated?

Guido

• 36. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                    DheerajK_81

PSoC Creator 3.3 is outdated and I recommend you to work on our latest version 4.2 (Link: http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide  ).

We have seen some issues of 4.2 crashing during specific circumstances. I will attach those threads below.

1) Psoc creator random crash in ucrtbase.dll

2) Re: PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes when using some features

3) Re: PSOC Creator 4.2 random shutdown error in ucrtbase.dll after windows 10 1803 update

4) Re: PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes when using some features

Please check them and let me know if you find your case similar to theirs.

Regards,

Dheeraj

• 37. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                      gubac_1268471

PSoC Creator 3.3 is outdated and I recommend you to work on our latest version 4.2 (Link: http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide ).

Is there a way in which I can make you understand that Creator 4.2 + Windows 10 have spoiled me four IC and that I do not have others to throw away, since I pay them € 17 each to be added to the cost of repairing the card on which they are mounted?

We have seen some issues of 4.2 crashing during specific circumstances. I will attach those threads below.

1) Psoc creator random crash in ucrtbase.dll

No, no error message in my case, simply the program does not do anything anymore and you have to cut it off by the task manager.

2) Re: PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes when using some features

No, in my case the environment has never closed.

3) Re: PSOC Creator 4.2 random shutdown error in ucrtbase.dll after windows 10 1803 update

4) Re: PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes when using some features

Please check them and let me know if you find your case similar to theirs.

Regards,

Dheeraj

I have two PCs that run Windows 10 and work differently from each other. My feeling is that with the advent of Windows 10 there are no longer two PCs that behave the same way. The problem is not just about your applications, but even the basic functions of the operating system, such as network management. That is why, in a previous speech, I recommended that you agree with Microsoft. The problem could arise from criticalities between Windows 10 and the environment in which you develop your applications, for example.

Regards.

Guido

• 38. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                        DheerajK_81

As you mentioned, there might be some interference by Microsoft processes which maybe be affecting PSoC Creator 4.2. We have seen issues of PSoC Creator 4.2 crashing when Visual Studio is running simultaneously for example. We are definitely working towards improving this. The only reason we recommend you to work on latest version 4.2 is because we can only provide software upgrades to the latest version and if you get any bugs in 3.3, it won't be serviced and only workarounds can be given. I do understand why you would want to work on 3.3 though.

Do let me know if any error message pops up when the crash happens (on v4.2) anytime in the future. It will help us debug the issue.

Regards,

Dheeraj

• 39. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                          gubac_1268471

I will try again the latest version of the Creator when you come out with an update, hoping that this will not produce other damages for me.

Let me know when there will be news, please.

Regards.

Guido

• 40. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                            gubac_1268471

A suspicion came to me.

My PCs are protected by Avast Internet Security.

Do you have any news of incompatibility?

Regards.

Guido

• 41. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                              DheerajK_81

Can you try disabling the Avast Internet Security and checking if PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes? It might be a reason but we haven't received any reports yet on this being the reason before.

Regards,

Dheeraj

• 42. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                                gubac_1268471

Since 3.3CP3 also crashes under XP with Avast, I will do the test tomorrow and I will let you know.

I can not try again with 4.2 and Windows 10 because the system has lost control of the MiniProg3.

Regards.

Guido

• 43. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                                  gubac_1268471

The criticality of 3.3 CP3 under XP is the same regardless of Avast: after some operations on the c code, I find two open sessions of the development environment and the application that does not do anything anymore.

I hope that an update of 4.2 will come out soon to try again it under W10, because working in this way means tenfold development and debugging times.

Regards.

Guido

• 44. Re: Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10
                                    DheerajK_81

Can you check if PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes during debugging through Kitprog on any of our PSoC kits in the presence of Avast? Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj