UART debugging is not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

several calls of the CyU3PDebugPrint() function used in the SDK examples. With this function calls debug messages should be transmitted via UART/RS232.

Debug Messages are sent I added a CyU3PDebugPrint() call in the for (;;) loop of the BulkLpAppThread_Entry() function of the bulklpautocpp example.

My problem is that I do not receive any debug message at teraterm . And also could not measure anything at the UART Pins. I work with the FX3S DVK Device Board.How could this problem be solved?

If i connect jumper on SPI i can able to see junk messages in terminal . If i connect jumper with uart  no messages in terminal.

Regards

Rajalakshmi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Rajalakshmi,

With the firmware that you have shared, I am able to receive proper debug prints on the terminal using the Cypress FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit. Can you please confirm me if you are using one of the Cypress provided kits or is it your custom board?. In case it is your custom board, can you please share parts of the schematic around the FX3 UART lines.

EDIT: In case you are using one of the custom boards, kindly, check if the UART TX/RX line connections are proper.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Rajalakshmi,

Please share the firmware part that contains the IO configuration matrix along with the FX3 UART pin connection details on your board.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please find the io configurations on firmware .

io_cfg.isDQ32Bit = CyFalse;

io_cfg.s0Mode = CY_U3P_SPORT_INACTIVE;

io_cfg.s1Mode = CY_U3P_SPORT_INACTIVE;

io_cfg.useUart = CyTrue;

io_cfg.useI2C = CyFalse;

io_cfg.useI2S = CyFalse;

io_cfg.useSpi = CyFalse;

io_cfg.lppMode = CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_UART_ONLY;

// io_cfg.lppMode = CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_DEFAULT;

/* No GPIOs are enabled. */

io_cfg.gpioSimpleEn[0] = 0;

io_cfg.gpioSimpleEn[1] = 0;

io_cfg.gpioComplexEn[0] = 0;

io_cfg.gpioComplexEn[1] = 0;

pin connection for tx and Rx is connected with VIO4 connections SPI-MISO-S1_DAT6 and 7 of CYUSB3035 respectively

Regards

Rajalakshmi A

0 Likes

Hello Rajalakshmi,

- Please confirm if you have connected the RX to MISO and TX to MOSI lines since the UART lines have to be interchanged.

- If the above connection is proper, please ensure that you are using the same baud rate on the terminal and in the FX3S firmware.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connections and baud rate are same as you said .. I am getting junk values only .

Regards

Rajalakshmi A

0 Likes

Hello Rajalakshmi,

Can you please share the firmware source code?

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using BulkLpAutoCpp in fx3 sdk 1.3

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please find the terminal log

0 Likes

Hello Rajalakshmi,

With the firmware that you have shared, I am able to receive proper debug prints on the terminal using the Cypress FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit. Can you please confirm me if you are using one of the Cypress provided kits or is it your custom board?. In case it is your custom board, can you please share parts of the schematic around the FX3 UART lines.

EDIT: In case you are using one of the custom boards, kindly, check if the UART TX/RX line connections are proper.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes