Check Endpoint Byte/Packet Count in .NET

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to use the CY7C68013A (56-pin package) in conjunction with the CyUSB.NET libraries for a project that involves bidirectional communication with an external circuit. I feel the best way for me to stabilize communication would be to somehow monitor and regulate the number of bytes flowing into and out of the Endpoint buffers from my .NET software. But in reading the CyUSB.NET documentation, I'm not finding any clear way to monitor buffer contents. I know it's possible to do this in firmware via the EPxBCH:L registers or the NPAK registers, but is there any way for me to check the current contents of an endpoint's FIFO via a .NET function?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The byte count of the FX2LP cannot be found using a .NET API directly. But, you can implement a vendor command in the firmware to return the contents of EPxBCH and EPxBCL whenever the host application sends the vendor request.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The byte count of the FX2LP cannot be found using a .NET API directly. But, you can implement a vendor command in the firmware to return the contents of EPxBCH and EPxBCL whenever the host application sends the vendor request.

Best regards,

Srinath S