how to port WICED to other mcus?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
diwuc_3612611
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I want to do some porting to other MCUs, What should I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

We have published a blog post STM32F469 porting in WICED to demonstrate how to port STM32F469 MCU in WICED for CYW4343W Wi-Fi connectivity. It could serve as a helpful reference. Let us know if you have any feedback.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Could you supply more details about your question?

0 Likes

I want to use STM32F407VGT6 or STM32F205RGT6.

I may need to use USB (MSC Device or MSC Device+CDC Device), SPI (SD Card)

I noticed that STM32F407VGT6  and STM32F205RGT6 does not have encryption-related units, I don't know if it has any impact on porting.

0 Likes

For clarification, are you looking at porting the above MCUs to WLAN chip like CYW4343W? In that case, the WLAN interface such as SDIO will impact the porting process. The encryption unit on host will not affect the WLAN operation.

0 Likes

We have published a blog post STM32F469 porting in WICED to demonstrate how to port STM32F469 MCU in WICED for CYW4343W Wi-Fi connectivity. It could serve as a helpful reference. Let us know if you have any feedback.

WinstonF_61
250 sign-ins 100 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi,

Its kind of the other way. You need to port your MCU into WICED. WICED already supports Cypress PSoC 6  & several ST MCU's, and there is support for some other devices as well, but may not be 100% tested.

Which MCU are you looking to use?

Regards
Winston

I want to use STM32F407VGT6 or STM32F205RGT6.

I may need to use USB (MSC Device or MSC Device+CDC Device), SPI (SD Card)

I noticed that STM32F407VGT6  and STM32F205RGT6 does not have encryption-related units, I don't know if it has any impact on porting.

0 Likes