CYW20719 BT/EDR Disconnect

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mora_2248876
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using the CYW20719 in dual BLE and BT/EDR modes, i am building upon the HCI_IAP2_SPP example application . I would like to know if there is a possibility to disconnect the BT/EDR link on demand.

I saw that there are functions to disconnect the SPP, iAP2 and GATT connection, but the device is still connected in BT/EDR to the phone i am testing with. Is there an easy way to create this complete disconnection?

Thank you,

Mo

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Q: I saw that there are functions to disconnect the SPP, iAP2 and GATT connection, but the device is still connected in BT/EDR to the phone i am testing with. Is there an easy way to create this complete disconnection?

A: Could you please share the phenomenon of "the device is still connected in BT/EDR to the phone"? Per my understanding, take Android phone connect to SPP device for example: Android phone exchange the link key with SPP device firstly, then open the RFCOM for SPP connection. After SPP disconnected, Android phone do not have BT link with SPP device. Android phone only keep SPP device in paired device list.   BLE_GATT is share different link compare to BT.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Q: I saw that there are functions to disconnect the SPP, iAP2 and GATT connection, but the device is still connected in BT/EDR to the phone i am testing with. Is there an easy way to create this complete disconnection?

A: Could you please share the phenomenon of "the device is still connected in BT/EDR to the phone"? Per my understanding, take Android phone connect to SPP device for example: Android phone exchange the link key with SPP device firstly, then open the RFCOM for SPP connection. After SPP disconnected, Android phone do not have BT link with SPP device. Android phone only keep SPP device in paired device list.   BLE_GATT is share different link compare to BT.

Regards

Jenson