How to display note in notice list.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnSa_1225656
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I have a project where I enable various components in the schematic.  I detect that in my code to do conditional compilation, but I would like a reminder note to show in the Notice List in Creator.  I am able to get it to the warning list using "#pragma GCC warning 'message'", but company policy requires no "Warnings in compiles", so I would like it to show in the Note category in the Notice window instead.  How is that done?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Creator has a system that monitors compiler output and uses regular expressions to match toolchain output to detect errors and warnings. Detecting new forms of output (e.g., to generate info notices for #pragma diagnostic) would require a new Creator release. We will try to incorporate this in future releases though I cannot give you a definite deadline.

But for now, there is no tweak available to get the warnings into the Notes list.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

You can suppress the warnings using the diagnostic pragma directives (Link: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Diagnostic-Pragmas.html ).

Usage example: #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wformat"

This will prevent the warnings from showing up in the warnings list. Is suppressing what you need or just a transfer from warnings list to note list?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

What I need to do is make a message appear under the Notes in the notice list.  I can successfully get a message in the Warnings of the notice list, but that requires creating a warning.

0 Likes

Creator has a system that monitors compiler output and uses regular expressions to match toolchain output to detect errors and warnings. Detecting new forms of output (e.g., to generate info notices for #pragma diagnostic) would require a new Creator release. We will try to incorporate this in future releases though I cannot give you a definite deadline.

But for now, there is no tweak available to get the warnings into the Notes list.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes