CY5670 Source Code and Central Discovery Process

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KevinR_91
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

Where can I access the source code for the CY5670 project?  In PSoC4 BLE Central Custom Profile w/LED & CapSense - IoT Expert Alan outlines the process to create a Central with custom services, and he uses the import function on the BLE component to preload all of the services and characteristics from the peripheral to the central project.

Instead of doing this, is there an example that shows the PSoC4 Central using the discovery process to populate all of this data instead?  I figured the CY5670 project may be useful since that essentially does this process?

What would the tradeoffs between these two approaches be?  The one worry is that the copying come peripheral to central component will not be as robust, as a small change in the peripheral could break functionality if the central is also not fully updated.  Vs. a central firmware that discovers and adjusts to the services and characteristics that are available.  This seems like a bit more scale able way to do it.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Kevin,

Not sure why this folder did not install with "A" kit.  Need to check it.

I have attached the project here.

Zip Password = cypress

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello,

The source code for the CY5670 project as mentioned in PSoC4 BLE Central Custom Profile w/LED & CapSense - IoT Expert  can be found here -> GitHub - iotexpert/PSoC4BLE-Central: Examples of building a PSOC4 BLE Central device .

You can go through this project for the Client (Central) and Server (Peripheral) implementations - PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day013_Client_Server at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-B... .

-Sayani.

0 Likes

Sayani,

I am not looking for the source code for the iot expert project, I am looking for the source code of the CySmart dongle, the code that interacts with the CySmart PC tool, as this central code can read out all service and characteristic information.

Can you comment on this please.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes

Please find it from the BLE pioneer kit installation folder.

Here it is -->   C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit\1.0\Firmware\BLE Dongle\BLE_4_2_Dongle_CySmart_256K

-Gyan

0 Likes

Gyan,

For the latest kit install that directory does not exist...

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Kevin,

Not sure why this folder did not install with "A" kit.  Need to check it.

I have attached the project here.

Zip Password = cypress

-Gyan

0 Likes

Thanks Gyan!

Once you figure out the issue with the A kit install please post your final resolution and I can mark this as done.

0 Likes