bt smartbridge demo not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have inventek system usb dongle ISM43341 - USB having broadcom module BCM43341 and using WICED SDK 3.1.2.

In the demo, I can access web page through WLAN, then I can see list of peripheral devices on the webpage. When I try to connect to any of them, it connects for fraction of second, then disconnects( Tested with several BLE devices).

I suspect this is something related paring/bonding and encryption. But in my peripheral devices pairing/bonding not required . Then why smart bridge is not able to connect to the peripheral devices ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone please reply ASAP

0 Likes
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I spoke to the team at Inventek and they were able to provide the following guidance.

Attached is a version of the bt_smartbridge demo that shows how to get more devices to connect.

See the “ NOAUTH”/“OOBAUTH” sections and the changes to the /* SmartBridge connection settings */.

Instructions:

1. Rename your bt_smartbridge.c  source
  2. Then rename the attached to bt.smartbridge.c
  3. Then comment out the “READABLE” define
  4. Then do a clean and rebuild

dickb gangi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

Modified the source code as per the instructions. However, getting the same issue again i.e. wiced smartbridge is not able to connect to even single peripheral device( it connects for fraction of second, then disconnects).

The changes in modified file related to pairing/bonding & connection settings I already tried previously while debugging.

I suspect issue is in the attribute cache; because  "bt_smartbridge_att_cache_generate" returns not success.

Has anyone successfully implemented smartbridge demo on inventek ISM43341- USB ?

Awaiting response from inventek team.

dickb

als@inventeksys.com

gangi

abuch

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to fix this by removing GLOBAL_DEFINES += WICED_DISABLE_MCU_POWERSAVE from platforms/ISM43341_M4G_L44/ISM43341_M4G_L44.mk.

I suspect that the problem is that when this is defined, the BCM43341 BT controller is not getting a 32kHz clock from the MCU. It doesn't need this clock to scan for devices or send a connection request, but it does need this clock to maintain a connection with a peripheral.

Thanks for the help Paolo.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Paolo. I tested demo code by removing GLOBAL_DEFINES += WICED_DISABLE_MCU_POWERSAVE.

Now, its working fine.

The reason behind disconnection might be the same you mentioned above.

0 Likes