Memory Resources of CYBT-343026 for instruction/data area

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TaGo_2353976
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hi,

I'm using CYBT-343026 and tried to build and program handsfree program.

CYBT-343026 has 512KB external flash and also 848KB of ROM memory inside CYW20706.

If I did not change something of make file;

Q1: Which ROM area will be used for program instruction area?

External Flash(512KB)? or internal ROM memory(848KB)?

Q2: How can I see how much memory use the program of ROM/RAM?

And, how can I see how much memory is stil free?

The customer will have a plan to enhance program ,such as adding profile.

In such case, the customer would like to know memory usage and free memory area for each application.

Q3: Is there any way to change memory boot area from internal memory to external flash or something?

If possible, I think we should change make file or setting of WICED Studio. Please tell me the way how to change it.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi ,

A:  The code will be downloaded into External Flash and will be copied to the RAM.

ROM will contain the stack Firmware etc, to which there is no external access.

A:  The application code will be running on the RAM.

After building the project in WICED studio, you can check the  Build console for the application size

pastedImage_0.png

how can I see how much memory is stil free? - Around 180KB is available for the application code in the RAM. So the left out memory after building the project will be equal to 180KB - Application size from the console

Q3: Is there any way to change memory boot area from internal memory to external flash or something?

A: No.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

7 Replies
TaGo_2353976
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello,

Could someone help me???

0 Likes

Adding a few members of the Applications team: grsr riya rroy zhez zhxh yans kavs shjl

0 Likes

Hi,

How are things going on that?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi ,

A:  The code will be downloaded into External Flash and will be copied to the RAM.

ROM will contain the stack Firmware etc, to which there is no external access.

A:  The application code will be running on the RAM.

After building the project in WICED studio, you can check the  Build console for the application size

pastedImage_0.png

how can I see how much memory is stil free? - Around 180KB is available for the application code in the RAM. So the left out memory after building the project will be equal to 180KB - Application size from the console

A: No.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

Hi Anjana,

Thanks for your update.

I understand some point but I'd like to clarify more.

Q4:

I think instruction includes customer application , OS(RTOS) and some of WICED library only that the customer called in their application.

And, all of that will be copied to RAM.

Is that right ?

If yes:

Q5: Build the application size in build console shows only customer application with library that it is used, not includes others,such as OS or something?

Q6: 180KB of RAM could be used for only customer application, not includes OS?

Q7: According to your picture, application size is almost 5KB so remaining instruction area is 180KB-5KB=175KB.

Is my understanding correct?

Q8: What is "Patch" in the build console?(Patch size)

Sorry for many questions.

Thank you.

--TAK

0 Likes

anpm

How are things going on my questions?

0 Likes

Hi ,

Q4:

I think instruction includes customer application , OS(RTOS) and some of WICED library only that the customer called in their application.

And, all of that will be copied to RAM.

Is that right ?

A) The OS , ROM code is running in ROM. It won't be copied in to the RAM. Only Application code will be copied to the RAM.

Q6: 180KB of RAM could be used for only customer application, not includes OS?

A) Yes, It won't include the OS

Q7: According to your picture, application size is almost 5KB so remaining instruction area is 180KB-5KB=175KB.

Is my understanding correct?

A) That particular application needs only 5KB. It will vary depending up on your specific application and code.

Q8: What is "Patch" in the build console?(Patch size)

A)       Any enhancements to the particular functionality in the ROM code will be redirected to run from a modified code in some space of RAM.

That code in RAM is called patch code.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes