CCyUSBDevice::Open takes a long time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my program calls the CCyUSBDevice::Open function it takes a long time (45s or more).  To anyone using the program it looks like it is frozen and unresponsive.  Eventually all Cypress devices are found and things act normally.

Is there a way to speed this up?

Is there a newer version of the Cypress driver/API that is faster (I am using 3.4.7.0)?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Please use the latest driver and library files from the FX3 SDK page.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Please use the latest driver and library files from the FX3 SDK page.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I upgraded from using the CyUSB.sys v3.4.7.0 to the CyUSB3.sys v1.2.3.17.

The functions calls were all the same so that was nice.  I had to add CyUSB30_def.h to my project in order to make it compile with the new driver.

I created my own INF file to install the driver.  Removed most of the entries from the sample INF that was provided and added some things so that the device ended up being listed under our own Device Type in Device Manager.

End result: It might be faster, possibly 5-10s, but it doesn't solve the problem.

It still takes far too long when I call the Open command.

0 Likes

Hello,

The streamer application that comes with the FX3 SDK uses the CCyUSBDevice::Open() API. Kindly, refer to this implementation. Also, use the streamer application and check if it is quick in identifying the devices.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the steamer program.  The open command is taking 5s.  I then went back to my program and it is now taking 5s.  For now the problem seems to be resolved.

0 Likes