micro-usb problems/dead board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! This is my first time using a Cypress kit (needed something better than Arduino).  I'm using the CY8CKIT-059 5LP prototyping kit and when I plug it in via the usb on the 'kitprog' side, the green and orange LEDs turn on and I'm able to see the board on PSOC creator. When I plug it in via micro usb on the 'target' side, the blue LED doesn't turn on and the board is never seen on the computer. Is this a sign that the my board is dead or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

The onboard micro-USB connector provides access to the USB block of the PSoC 5LP device. This connector enables you to develop USB applications. It is not connected to Kitprog to program the device.

Best Regards,
VRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

The microUSB connection on that kit goes to the PSoC5LP, which isn't programmed out of the box.  You will need to use PSoC Creator to place and configure a USB component and write supporting code for the PSoC to enumerate with a PC properly.

Here's a code example of using a PSoC5LP as a USB HID Mouse:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce95394-usb-hid-mouse-psoc-35lp

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

The onboard micro-USB connector provides access to the USB block of the PSoC 5LP device. This connector enables you to develop USB applications. It is not connected to Kitprog to program the device.

Best Regards,
VRS

0 Likes