Explanation of Crystal Warmup Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

can anyone tell me what is the significance(exactly) of warm up workaround video.

I think it is the time required for the tag to get started

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

My understanding is that there were SIP modules that shipped which used an oscillator (internal) with less than optimal tolerance and this caused some issues with the part coming out of sleep. Disabling sleep was one method to verify the oscillator was the issue. In addition, you can increase the crystal warm up time to 5,000 in the .CGS file.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

My understanding is that there were SIP modules that shipped which used an oscillator (internal) with less than optimal tolerance and this caused some issues with the part coming out of sleep. Disabling sleep was one method to verify the oscillator was the issue. In addition, you can increase the crystal warm up time to 5,000 in the .CGS file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, mwf,

Does this issue affect 20736/7 SOC?

thanks.

0 Likes

SOC designs do not have this issue, only the SIP (modules).

0 Likes

Correct.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks a lot for the double confirmation:-)

0 Likes

When you mention sleep, is it deep sleep?

0 Likes

Sleep.

The xtal will start running 'xtal warmup' uS before the firmware wakes up.

Increasing xtal warmup reduces sleep time, but the effect on average current depends on how large the sleep time is compared to increase in xtal warmup (current during warm up is about 1/6th of current when chip is active
without RF).

0 Likes

I see, thanks!!

0 Likes