CYBLE-224110-00-EVAL Bluetooth range issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
brandiware
Level 4
Level 4
First like given 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hello, I have purchased some CYBLE-224110-00-EVAL boards that are advertised as BLE range extenders.

Testing these boards I do not see any performance gain, on the contrary, the RSSI levels are below the levels of the 6 BLE PIONEER KIT.

I am using the sample code for Device Information and it programms just fine. It advertises also with this name.

Should I not expect a much higher RSSI level when scanning the device with CySmart 1.3 ?

I have also lifted the tx/rx levels of the BLE component to the maximum.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stefan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please take a look at this article which give an explanation about how to obtaining the 400-m range.

Obtaining the 400-m Range from EZ-BLE PSoC® XT/XR Modules (CYBLE-224110-00 / CYBLE-224116-01) - KBA2...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
brandiware
Level 4
Level 4
First like given 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

I now switched on the amplifier

B.1.8.2 Process for Enabling and Activating Power Amplifier/Low-Noise Amplifier

as instructed by the documentation.

The RSSI level has increased quite a bit, unclear though, how it should bridge 400m, RSSI drops rather rapidly with short distances.

Any further ideas ?

Thanks

Stefan

0 Likes

Please take a look at this article which give an explanation about how to obtaining the 400-m range.

Obtaining the 400-m Range from EZ-BLE PSoC® XT/XR Modules (CYBLE-224110-00 / CYBLE-224116-01) - KBA2...

0 Likes

thanks zhxh, this is very helpful. Cheers Stefan

0 Likes