Can I used BCM943341WCD1_EVB WICED WiFi Evaluation Board with BCM943341WCD1 MODULE to receive BLE packets and send it over Wifi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

My main objective is to design a base station that will receive all the BLE packets and send it over WiFi to the server. Can I use this kit to implement this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Yes, you can read GATT DB entries from a connected BLE device and display those entries on a webserver you connect to over Wi-Fi that's running on the 4334X device.

The Smartbridge demo in the WICED SDK is the foundation for what you are trying to do.

Our partner, Inventek Systems has created a demo using their new demo board (which is a replica of ours, but running on a USB thumb drive) which takes our SmartBridge Demo a step further and allows devices like our WICED Sense to easily connect and display GATT DB values.

They have been showing this demo at the recent IoT seminars here in North America and it has been a big hit with customers: Broadcom IoT Seminars coming to a city near you! (Chicago and Minneapolis next week)

Take a look at the blog abuch put together here: Inventek Smart Bridge - ISM340-USB Demo - WICED Sense Kit

als@inventeksys.com dickb

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Yes, you can read GATT DB entries from a connected BLE device and display those entries on a webserver you connect to over Wi-Fi that's running on the 4334X device.

The Smartbridge demo in the WICED SDK is the foundation for what you are trying to do.

Our partner, Inventek Systems has created a demo using their new demo board (which is a replica of ours, but running on a USB thumb drive) which takes our SmartBridge Demo a step further and allows devices like our WICED Sense to easily connect and display GATT DB values.

They have been showing this demo at the recent IoT seminars here in North America and it has been a big hit with customers: Broadcom IoT Seminars coming to a city near you! (Chicago and Minneapolis next week)

Take a look at the blog abuch put together here: Inventek Smart Bridge - ISM340-USB Demo - WICED Sense Kit

als@inventeksys.com dickb

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I read the iBeacon entries sent over BLE as well? A device sending the iBeacon message would not be connected to the base station. We need to add intelligence at the base station side to receive only certain messages but the BLE device will not be in the connected state.

0 Likes

You will want to take a look at the Smartbridge sample application and determine if it can be modified to meet your application requirements.

0 Likes