UVC example given with cypress suite is not working?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hello Everyone,

I was trying examples gives by cypress with FX3, i tried the example UVC in which MJPEG pictures are stored and they are playing as UVC.

but when FX3 is programmed and connected to PC in windows system, the driver of the USB is not recognised, even in linux system too.

whats the problem in it?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Can you please check it using e-Cam View application if the device can send a known image data onto the PC?

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The AN75779 example, USBVideoClass and USBVideoClassBulk examples that comes with the FX3 SDK are recognized as UVC class device on Windows as well as Linux. Please let me know if you have modified these examples. If not, kindly, share screenshots of device manager to identify the error.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello,

I am not asking about AN5779 example, the example which i have mentioned is cyfxuvcinmem_bulk and cyfxuvcinmem

in UVC example folder.

And i havn't changed anything in that example.

Thanks

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

- I have attached the screenshot of the device manager after I loaded the firmware built from the cyfxuvcinmem_bulk folder. The device is detected under Cameras section and is bound to Microsoft provided driver. I have used Windows 10 OS.

- Kindly, share screenshot of your device manager when the error occurs.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hi Srinath,

I have again built the example and dumped on my board, i can see device appearing on windows but when i am playing it vlc is not playing the video. Why is this happening?

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please check it using e-Cam View application if the device can send a known image data onto the PC?

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes