How to program CY8CKIT-049-42XX Kit with Miniprog3 programmer using SWD mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please show me how to program CY8CKIT-049-42XX Kit with Miniprog3 programmer using SWD mode?

Thanks,

Chandresh

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I got it working now.

I was turning the Power on and off by putting the Miniprog3 in External power mode and then again on 3.3V.

There is no external power to me putting the miniprog3 will turn the device's power off as miniprog3 is no longer powering the device thinking it has the external power.

Anyways,

Thank you Bob.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Snap off the programmer part of your -049 kit. You can solder 5 posts (clearly marked on silk screen) and attach the miniprog to the pcb.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  tried that,

I also tried detecting the chip from miniprog3 when the switch on the -042 kit is pressed and when it is not pressed while i am turning on the power to the chip.

It doesnot detect under the miniprog3 connections umbrella as you can see in the attachment in the psoc creator.

Chandresh

0 Likes

"turning on the power to the chip" How you do that? The programming part is snapped-off including the switch and the board will be powered through the miniprog3.

Bob

PS: Send a picture of your connection PC, board,miniprog

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I got it working now.

I was turning the Power on and off by putting the Miniprog3 in External power mode and then again on 3.3V.

There is no external power to me putting the miniprog3 will turn the device's power off as miniprog3 is no longer powering the device thinking it has the external power.

Anyways,

Thank you Bob.

0 Likes