BLE 022001 presence signal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir,

I have a PCBA, with STM32 to control the cyble BLE, but it is curious, the BLE is not detected.

I checked the 3.3v it there, and the XRES directly to the STM32.

Could you give me some clue, usually how the BLE be detected ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

What is the interface between STM32 and CYBLE-022001-00 Module?

Also, what is the firmware running in CYBLE-022001-00 Device?

The CYBLE-022001-00 device behavior depends on the firmware which is flashed into it. If you have connected and configured any GPIO to send a signal to STM32  then only STM32 will detect the signal.

Anyways, it will all depends on your interface between the two devices and the firmware running in both the devices. Please check the schematic of your system and firmware.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Please check whether the followed getting started guide link is helpful:

http://www.cypress.com/file/157791/download

Generally, if the module had contained the ez-serial hex, after power on. BLE should be detected.

Regards

Jenson

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jenson,

ok, actually before insert the BLE module, we will do programming, this portion should be ok.

Because the BLE module works fine in other system.

The problem is that, i am not sure how the system detect the BLE, as you know, the 3.3v is there.

I am not sure as long as the BLE power on, it sends some presence signal to the system ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In other words, as long as it powers on, does it generate a signal via the XRES pin ?

Thanks.

0 Likes

XRES is an input pin, the power should keep high.  So your query is that you not sure if the hex(firmware) boot up well, right? If so, try to debug the project with debug tools or set one pin to high to verify if the hex works.

Regards

Jenson 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sir, my query is that which pin is the presence signal, actually this BLE works fine in other system, except this system.

Then i debug the system, find the power of 3.3v is ok.

For the XRES, as i know, when i want to activate the BLE, i need to give a 3.3v.

So you mean, as know as the 3.3v VDD is there, and the module is programmed, my system should be able to detect the BLE ?

Thanks.

0 Likes

I believe BLE should be detect, if the firmware works well and the hardware is normal. Check your system's hardware or just power the programmed BLE module to check if the firmware works well.

Regards

Jenson

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the module is fine, i am just not sure usually the module give a presence signal to the system via which pin ?

Or depends on the firmware ?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello,

What is the interface between STM32 and CYBLE-022001-00 Module?

Also, what is the firmware running in CYBLE-022001-00 Device?

The CYBLE-022001-00 device behavior depends on the firmware which is flashed into it. If you have connected and configured any GPIO to send a signal to STM32  then only STM32 will detect the signal.

Anyways, it will all depends on your interface between the two devices and the firmware running in both the devices. Please check the schematic of your system and firmware.

-Gyan

0 Likes