OpenOCD correct drivers install in Windows 7 and in Windows X

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi is there a document that describes how to properly install drivers for OpenOCD proper function in Wiced?

I had problems with Wiced 6.2.1 in both Win 7 and Win X

I am using PSoC6 Wifi BT Pioneer Kit CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT

I get KitProg2 UART USB in the device manager and also I can get the USB mass storage.

But I cannot get JTAG device on device manager.

So bottom line: Wiced does not work and stops with error "OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory,"

while PSoCProgrammer works and it is able to connect to the device to get the flash readback.

could you please help on this?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can run the DPInst_*64 if you are on a 64 bit machine or the DPInst if you are on a 32 bit machine for driver re-installation; both of which can be found at C:\Users\<User_name>\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2.1\Drivers\Windows\wiced_uart. Please check the LED2 status before programming the device which should be off if you are using KitProg firmware newer than v 1.05.

When you face an OpenOCD error like this, the best place to start debugging the issue is by looking at the openocd_log.txt file generated as a part of the build procedure as located in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/build/openocd_log.txt. If you are still having difficulty in downloading through WICED Studio, please attach the device manager screenshot along with the openocd log for further debugging.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can run the DPInst_*64 if you are on a 64 bit machine or the DPInst if you are on a 32 bit machine for driver re-installation; both of which can be found at C:\Users\<User_name>\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2.1\Drivers\Windows\wiced_uart. Please check the LED2 status before programming the device which should be off if you are using KitProg firmware newer than v 1.05.

When you face an OpenOCD error like this, the best place to start debugging the issue is by looking at the openocd_log.txt file generated as a part of the build procedure as located in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/build/openocd_log.txt. If you are still having difficulty in downloading through WICED Studio, please attach the device manager screenshot along with the openocd log for further debugging.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfectly working now!

LED2 must be off...

Thank you

0 Likes