CYW920719 BLE to UART bridge possible?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2x CYW920719Q40EVB-01 and I need to construct a BLE to UART bridge. So to send data from one to the other, set one as centraland the other as a peripheral.

Are there any examples such as the ones for the (PSoC-4-BLE ->Day020_BLE_UART)? Are there any example codes todo just that with the CYW920719? If not can I use/adapt the code for PSoC-4-BLE to be used  with the CYW920719?

With regards,

George.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Q: Are there any examples such as the ones for the (PSoC-4-BLE ->Day020_BLE_UART)?

A: No such demo code specified as Day020_BLE_UART. But the demo.hello_sensor/hello_client is an demo for BLE GAP function and GATT notify function.  And snip.ble.gatt_db is an demo for GATT usage.

Q: Are there any example codes todo just that with the CYW920719? If not can I use/adapt the code for PSoC-4-BLE to be used  with the CYW920719?

A: The PSoC-4-BLE code can be exported to CYW20719:

-->For peripheral/server project: configure the GAP data and profile(define the UART-ATT), configure the Puart or HCI uart to get UART data-> Start adv -> after connected and the UART-ATT's notify or indication is been enabled-> check if the Puart or HCI Uart have the user data, if so, transport the data by BLE's notify or indication -> also check if the UART-ATT have the BLE data, if so transport the data to Puart or HCI Uart.

-->For central/client project: configure the scan parameters -> Start scan-> connect to the UART-peripheral device-> find all the ATTs-> enable the server's UART-ATT's notify or indication-> check if the Puart or HCI Uart have the user data, if so transport the data by BLE's write or write CMD-> also check if the UART-ATT have the BLE data, if so transport the data to PUART or HCI Uart.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Q: Are there any examples such as the ones for the (PSoC-4-BLE ->Day020_BLE_UART)?

A: No such demo code specified as Day020_BLE_UART. But the demo.hello_sensor/hello_client is an demo for BLE GAP function and GATT notify function.  And snip.ble.gatt_db is an demo for GATT usage.

Q: Are there any example codes todo just that with the CYW920719? If not can I use/adapt the code for PSoC-4-BLE to be used  with the CYW920719?

A: The PSoC-4-BLE code can be exported to CYW20719:

-->For peripheral/server project: configure the GAP data and profile(define the UART-ATT), configure the Puart or HCI uart to get UART data-> Start adv -> after connected and the UART-ATT's notify or indication is been enabled-> check if the Puart or HCI Uart have the user data, if so, transport the data by BLE's notify or indication -> also check if the UART-ATT have the BLE data, if so transport the data to Puart or HCI Uart.

-->For central/client project: configure the scan parameters -> Start scan-> connect to the UART-peripheral device-> find all the ATTs-> enable the server's UART-ATT's notify or indication-> check if the Puart or HCI Uart have the user data, if so transport the data by BLE's write or write CMD-> also check if the UART-ATT have the BLE data, if so transport the data to PUART or HCI Uart.

Regards

Jenson

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jenson. I will try the above to adapt the code. I am still new to Bluetooth and the cypress IDE, so I need some more info on how to proceed with your description, so I am working on it. Definitely helpful.

thanks,

George.

0 Likes