SRAM Example not work with file that have size 512 byte

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EvEv_2610591
Level 2
Level 2

SRAM Example GPIF State Mashine has count = 511 and 16 bit data bus. I tried to change GPIF SM counter = 255 for write and read 512 byte instead 1024 as in  SRAM example by default. I modified 1024 bytes file with hex editor to 512 bytes file.  But it is not work properly.

First 512 bytes writing and reading return array of 512 bytes with zeros!!! The second attempt return previous data array.

I called CyU3PDmaChannelGetStatus befor CyU3PGpifSMSwitch to check  "prodcount",  "conscount"  counters. Counter value not changed after one transmitting (array 512 bytes). But after second transmitting (array 512 bytes) counters  values increases 1024 !!!

I tried to create file with different size from 32 byte to 368 byte. In all cases no problem.

Why examle not work with 512 bytes arrays?????

0 Likes
5 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi

Could you please attach the faulty firmware along with state machine. I will check and get back to you.

-Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I attached the faulty firmware along with state machine and c. file to debuging.

0 Likes

Hi,

To open "test.cyfx" file in the GPIF Designer Tool I need other project files associated with it. Could you please attach it.

-Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes
lock attach

Files

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

I made some changes in the SRAMMaster firmware attached with this thread. Please try to send and receive 512 Bytes file with the modified one.

Please update me if the issue is resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes