1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 12:07 PM by JoRi_1316111

Debugger exited unexpectedly after changing IDE host computer from Win 7 to Win 10

JoRi_1316111

I've recently upgraded my PC from a Win 7 laptop to a Win 10 laptop. Nothing else has changed. (same miniprog 3, cables, target board, etc.) It's loaded up with the same version of PSOC Creator (PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641)). My application software source is checked out from SVN compiles the same .hex file.

I've verified that:

• I'm set to SWD debugging in the system settings
      • The debugger settings (SWD, 1.5 MHz, Reset, 10-pin, etc.) match my old PC.

Both computers load my application software with either the standalone programmer or PSoC Creator, but only the Win 7 computer will break in main(), sync up the debugger to source code. The Win 10 PC will do neither.

I've run the range of miniprog 3 frequencies and the best I was able to do is to get it to halt a the reset point after loading and it would only display in the disassembly tab.

I've surveyed old community posts, but I see nothing new to try. What else can be done?

1 2 Previous Next