Why Flash Read shows all zero's

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SudheerG_41
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins Welcome! 25 comments on KBA

Hi All,

I am using CY8CKIT-042.

Using PSoC Programmer I am erasing the entire flash.

But, when I read back the flash content using PSoC Programmer, it displays all the flash content as zero's.

Isn't it that when we erase the Flash it suppose to change all the device content to 1's?

Regards,

Sudheer

0 Likes
1 Solution
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello Sudheer,

The PSoC devices utilizes a unique flash process called SONOS ( Silicon Oxide Nitrous Oxide Silicon Semiconductor). So, the flash erase in the PSoC device turns on all the memory transistors in an array or array portion (such as a row in Flash). Erased transistor = negative Vt = “on” = “0”. Programming the flash turns off only those memory transistors that must become “ones”. Programmed transistor = positive Vt = “off” = “1. ”Thus, after erasing, the flash content is changed to zero.

-Sayani.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello Sudheer,

The PSoC devices utilizes a unique flash process called SONOS ( Silicon Oxide Nitrous Oxide Silicon Semiconductor). So, the flash erase in the PSoC device turns on all the memory transistors in an array or array portion (such as a row in Flash). Erased transistor = negative Vt = “on” = “0”. Programming the flash turns off only those memory transistors that must become “ones”. Programmed transistor = positive Vt = “off” = “1. ”Thus, after erasing, the flash content is changed to zero.

-Sayani.

0 Likes

Hi Sayani,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Sudheer

0 Likes