Does 20737 support RAM Load (hcd file)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aomec_1408391
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I built a hello_sensor.hcd file for BCM920737_LE_TAG4 in WICED SDK 2.2.3. But hello_sensor didn't startup after sending the last LAUNCH_RAM command (address=0xFFFFFFFF).

Make Target is: hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 DIRECT_LOAD=1 build VERBOSE=1

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Not sure you were able to fix the hcd download via client control.

Please note some of the below suggestions:

1) Please upgrade to latest WICED studio 6.2 available on web

2) After downloading hcd file via client control (launch success), make sure you are not pressing the reset button. Since its just a RAM download, there won't be the back up code in flash. So upon reset, during the boot process the RAM content will be reloaded with application code in Flash.

3) If you are not pressing the reset after RAM launch success, and still the application is not starting, follow the below step sequence

•    Unplug and plug the WICED eval board
  •    Clean the project in WICED studio make target
  •    Build the application
  •    recheck the path of hcd file
  •    download the hcd file

This should work. If not, could you please try directly downloading the FW from WICED studio or via chipload

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Could you please let us know how you are sending the commands?

Have you created any programming tool or using chipload or how ?

Meanwhile can you test the same with some other project (say blood_pressure_monitor)?

Thanks,
Anjana

Hi,

I used the sample code from "WICED-Studio-4.1\20706-A2_Bluetooth\Apps\audio_remote_control\ClientControl" to program hcd file. It can program and launch 20706 hcd file successfully.

I tried the "blood_pressure_monitor" under "WICED Smart IDE 2.2.3". Same error was found. Application wasn't launched

Untitled.png

0 Likes

Hi,

Not sure you were able to fix the hcd download via client control.

Please note some of the below suggestions:

1) Please upgrade to latest WICED studio 6.2 available on web

2) After downloading hcd file via client control (launch success), make sure you are not pressing the reset button. Since its just a RAM download, there won't be the back up code in flash. So upon reset, during the boot process the RAM content will be reloaded with application code in Flash.

3) If you are not pressing the reset after RAM launch success, and still the application is not starting, follow the below step sequence

•    Unplug and plug the WICED eval board
  •    Clean the project in WICED studio make target
  •    Build the application
  •    recheck the path of hcd file
  •    download the hcd file

This should work. If not, could you please try directly downloading the FW from WICED studio or via chipload

Thanks,
Anjana

aomec_1408391
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

I used the sample code from "WICED-Studio-4.1\20706-A2_Bluetooth\Apps\audio_remote_control\ClientControl" to program hcd file. It can program and launch 20706 hcd file successfully.

I tried the "blood_pressure_monitor" under "WICED Smart IDE 2.2.3". Same error was found. Application wasn't launched.

Untitled.png

0 Likes