Can we have I2S input example?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a project in which i have to take input from i2s and USB as a UAC device.

I saw example of i2s given but in that example i2s is taken as output, can we have an example in which

USB act as UAC and input sound is coming from i2s.

Thanks

Please help ASAP

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

I assume that you are using the Cypress' FX3 part. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cypress' FX3 supports only I2C transmitter and not receiver. In order to receive data from an external I2S device, the SPI interface of the FX3 has to be used along with an external I2S to SPI converter.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

I assume that you are using the Cypress' FX3 part. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cypress' FX3 supports only I2C transmitter and not receiver. In order to receive data from an external I2S device, the SPI interface of the FX3 has to be used along with an external I2S to SPI converter.

Best regards,

Srinath S

SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

srnt​ Thanks for your help,

Can you please tell me with which external converter i can convert I2S to SPI?

0 Likes

Hello,

You can use an FPGA or CPLD board to implement the conversion. As an example, Altera MAX II CPLD can be used to receive the I2S input and convert it to SPI output which can be routed to the FX3.

Please refer to the below App Note.

https://www.intel.co.jp/content/dam/altera-www/global/ja_JP/pdfs/literature/an/an487.pdf

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes