CYW20719: Large build size

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

An application I'm trying to build has a "Total RAM footprint" that floats somewhere near 240kb, which seems much larger than it should be. Additionally, changing the usage of a few variables can make this go all the way up to 297kb, causing the eval board to fail to load the application. How can I figure out where all this memory is going and stop the board from crashing?

Thank you,

Nicholas

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Nicholas,

Please have a look at the Memory Layout for CYW20719 here: CYW20719 Memory Layout

The Application size depends on your specific application code. And it can be upto 448k

Could you please clarify how you are calculating the "Total RAM footprint"

If in case your code size is more and you want to run the application code from flash, you can use XIP (Refer WICED-XIP-Application-Support-Guide.pdf from doc folder of WICED Studio )

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hi Nicholas,

Please have a look at the Memory Layout for CYW20719 here: CYW20719 Memory Layout

The Application size depends on your specific application code. And it can be upto 448k

Could you please clarify how you are calculating the "Total RAM footprint"

If in case your code size is more and you want to run the application code from flash, you can use XIP (Refer WICED-XIP-Application-Support-Guide.pdf from doc folder of WICED Studio )

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello anpm,

Thank you for the response.

1) Yes I've seen the memory layout, and so I should be able to use the full 448k for my application, correct?

2) I'm getting the "Total RAM footprint value from the build console output. For example, this is what I'll see:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch code starts at                   0x00270400 (RAM address)

Patch code ends at                    0x0027ACD8 (RAM address)

Patch RW/ZI size                       2936 bytes

Application starts at                   0x00215768 (RAM address)

Application ends at                    0x0023C9E1 (RAM address)

Patch code size                         43224 bytes

Application RAM footprint          160377 bytes

---------

Total RAM footprint                   163313 bytes (159.5kiB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) My program mysteriously fails if I try to use XIP, it goes into a loop of restarting.

Thank you,

Nicholas

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi,

No, you won't be able to use entire 448k. In that almost 87k will be used by ROM. Nearly 370k can be used for application code.

If still you are facing download problem, please share your project folder.

Can you please let me know what error you are getting for XIP? Have you tried putting the device in recovery mode before downloading?

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana