How do I create a 10us pulse on the PSoC4 TCPWM component and have it come out to a GPIO pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

I am trying to generate at 10usec pulse on a GPIO.  I set up a TCPWM as a one shot and am using the TriggerCommand API.  I have a 1Mhz clock going in and a 100 count om the period and 1 in the compare.  I can't route any of the output signals to GPIO, ov, un or cc.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think you can't use the timer to route the 10us pulse, but if you want to use only one PWM component, you only need to use the

Ten_us_start(); or  Ten_us_stop();.

If you want to use Counters SW start trigger, you can use the API Ten_us_TriggerCommand(MASK,Command);

But, in the previous response, you need to use "Ten_us_MASK" instead of "Ten_us_16BIT_MASK".

More about it, you can refer to the creator code example: Quadrature_Decoder.

And you also refer to the PSoC 4100 Plus register TRM :http://www.cypress.com/file/405866/download

Find the key words: TCPWM_CMD.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

I want to get this working a on P4100S PLUS device. No UDBs, but Smart IO

0 Likes
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

If the chip don't have DSI resource,  we don't have the way to route the signal out though GPIO/SIO.

But if you only want to get a pulse , you need to use the line or line_n .

0 Likes

I thought that was the case and I don't see how to set up the Timer with a line or line_n only the PWM.  I am using a PWM to generate the pulse with a 1Mhz clock and compare of 10.  I can set the repeat rate by changing the period.  Does the TriggerCommand work for stopping and starting the PWM?  My PWM is named Ten_us.

Ten_us_TriggerCommand(Ten_us_16BIT_MASK, Ten_us_CMD_STOP);

Ten_us_TriggerCommand(Ten_us_16BIT_MASK, Ten_us_CMD_START);

0 Likes

I think you can't use the timer to route the 10us pulse, but if you want to use only one PWM component, you only need to use the

Ten_us_start(); or  Ten_us_stop();.

If you want to use Counters SW start trigger, you can use the API Ten_us_TriggerCommand(MASK,Command);

But, in the previous response, you need to use "Ten_us_MASK" instead of "Ten_us_16BIT_MASK".

More about it, you can refer to the creator code example: Quadrature_Decoder.

And you also refer to the PSoC 4100 Plus register TRM :http://www.cypress.com/file/405866/download

Find the key words: TCPWM_CMD.

0 Likes

That worked great. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes