PSoC Creator 4.1 incompatibility with previous Creator version (4.01 Update 1)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BiKa_2115371
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Dear Sir, 

I did an update on installed PSoC Creator from version 4.01 Update 1, to Version 4.1. After this, I tried to re-compile a project by using the new version. Of course, first I had updated the project components (Project -> Update Components). Unfortunately teh project does not compiled without errors, while in the previous PSoC Creator version the compilation was OK.

I received the following error messages:

1.  E2713: <sensors(2)> cannot be placed at <P2[2]> because the location does not support the required features: <ROUTABLE>. The placer reported an error.

2. E2055: An error occurred during placement of the design.

3."C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.1\PSoC Creator\bin/sjplacer.exe" failed (0x00000001)

4. The fitter aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rebuild.

have you got any idea about this error, or how to overcome it?

Best Regards

Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiKa_2115371
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi bobgoar,

Finaly I managed to compile the code with PSoC Creator 4.1. 

Another problem that faced is that the compiler did not recognize inline functions if they are declared in separate files (.h for function signature, c fr the body). The reason is that the new PSoC Creator is based on GCC 5.4.1 compiler instead GCC 4.5 version. The GCC 5.4.1 uses CNU11 standard instead GNU89.

The solution to this is to declare all the inline functions as extern inline.

For more information take a look on this: https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-5/porting_to.html

Thanks

Bill

View solution in original post

0 Likes
50 Replies

Hey Romain, as I mentioned in the email you can workaround this by letting CA float.  This is similar to what is described in the KBA, but not exactly the same.  We need to update the KBA.  This from the developer

P1[3] is associated with the switch from the OA1 1x output to the SAR, so its DSI needs to be quiet. A little less complicated than the port 3/port 2 conflict since at least P1[3] is the dedicated output pin for OA10. But, like the problem described in the KBA, it's ultimately a silicon limitation. 

We should update the KBA to discuss this second problematic situation: The 1x (internal only) is routed to one channel of a multi-channel SAR so you can't use the dedicated 10x pin for that opamp to route a DSI signal.

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Michael,

I'm sorry you are running into this.  I couldn't get your design to route, even unlocking all the pins. Could you submit a technical support case to "http://www.cypress.com/mycases"?  Please include the 4.0 version of your project, which should be in the Archive directory.

--Matt 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ZIP file I've attached contains the 4.0 version. I checked it again right now.

I will open a case.

0 Likes

Is there a case number?  I would like to track the progress.

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee

When you file a case, please ask them to refer to Cypress CDT# 282311.  I have described the problem and attached your test case (thanks for that).  I can give you a directive to work around the problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matt, thanks for the valuable explanation!

I let the CA1 signal float and it got remapped to P3[7], the project builds now. Thank you! (I have to update the PCB now, damn!)

I'm using all 8 inputs of P2 (PSoC 4200M) as analog inputs, fed in the SAR-ADC as per my sample project. I need to know if all the other signals on P0, P1 and P3 are "safe" now. The board is about to hit production, this is my last chance to re-map anything 🙂

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee

I just found this KBA, which takes information from the technical reference manual and reasonably distills it.  I say "reasonably" because it's a pretty complicated issue.

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/analog-routing-rules-psoc-4-ble-kba95947

0 Likes
jopl_301826
Level 1
Level 1

The attached project generates the error shown below when built with Creator 4.1. The issue seems very similar to the one discussed here. Removing the op-amp or using only two inputs on the SAR allows the build to complete without errors.

I created case 00399933 and received a reply saying to post in the community forum.

I have two questions:
1) Is this the same issue discussed in the link above, or is this some other problem with Creator 4.1?
2) Is there any work-around specifically for the attached design? The board containing this design is already built.

ERROR MESSAGE
Error: plm.M0046: E2713: <Pin_Source(0)> cannot be placed at <P1[2]> because the location does not support the required features: <ROUTABLE>.
Error: plm.M0046: E2055: An error occurred during placement of the design.
Error: plm.M0046: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.1\PSoC Creator\bin/sjplacer.exe" failed (0x00000001)

0 Likes

The components have been updated and I think that is the issue.  If you unlock all the pins and have the design find the correct pins it works.  This happens sometimes.  This would require a new PWA or you using the old software for this design.

0 Likes
CaFi_1682016
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I have the same problem with P2[2] and P2[3] not compiling (not routable) when I use the ADC SAR for four (4) analog inputs.

I resolved this by changing the SAR from 4-Channels to just 1-Channel and adding a 4-Channel analog multiplexer.

pastedImage_0.png

a picture is worth a thousand words, thanks.

0 Likes