SPI corrupt processor to processor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
HeGi_2497906
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Cypress team, I need some advice, I have a 012011 connected to a 4024 via SPI, I have other SPI devices on the same bus and they work fine, no issues.  I get nothing but corrupt data, very inconsistent at best, I have tried every possible scenario (median filters, free running clocks, late MISO, different over sampling and data rates) and nothing makes a difference, please look the data here and advise me if I have missed some thing.  Attached is my project, both master and slave, screen shots of my pin assignments, SPI dialog boxes and schematics, I have to get this working,

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeGi_2497906
Level 5
Level 5

I got it working, but had to jump through many issues, what fixed it was having a dummy READ/WRITE word that is discarded.  That got is solid.  I suspect the fact that the slave is running on the ILO only, is the real culprit.  On the production design we will add a watch crystal and see if that does not improve things.

There were many other ideas to try, cycling the slave SPI on and off between transfers also helped.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
HeGi_2497906
Level 5
Level 5

I got it working, but had to jump through many issues, what fixed it was having a dummy READ/WRITE word that is discarded.  That got is solid.  I suspect the fact that the slave is running on the ILO only, is the real culprit.  On the production design we will add a watch crystal and see if that does not improve things.

There were many other ideas to try, cycling the slave SPI on and off between transfers also helped.

0 Likes